week 2, spitting on the mirrors..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 2, spitting on the mirrors..

Ugh.. new pain.. squat/deadlift day of week 2 back. had to use the collar bucket in the weight area to puke in (i emptied it first), maybe they'll get the hint and leave me an empty bucket in there..

also got some dirty looks for spitting on the mirror.. not my fault if you ask me, they've got so many freaking MACHINES in the FREE WEIGHT AREA, the only space i had to do some deadlifts was 6" from the wall (all the walls are mirrored)

so there i am struggling with heaving the weights off the floor, and exhaling on the way out and i end up spitting on the mirror.. trainers are giving me dirty looks in their striped jumpsuits, joe bicep and john pecdeck are watching me with saucer plate eyes wondering wtf i am doing in the first place and i'm having to wipe down the mirrors between sets..

guess they're worried a little smear or cloudiness on the mirror might cover up some of the definition on their arms..

bah... ok, i'm gonna go to bed now, try to make it downstairs without my legs buckling underneath me and wiping out on the way down

I guess that happens when you lift at a "health club" I almost feel strange there exerting the standard 110% effort when you're trying to lift, almost as if it's not the right place to do it...oh well

Comment

Thats what its all about. I'm not big but everybody at my gym looks at me funny when I do squats and deads. I get all excited about lower body day. Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
        I guess that happens when you lift at a "health club" I almost feel strange there exerting the standard 110% effort when you're trying to lift, almost as if it's not the right place to do it...oh well
        Exactly, my year membership at YMCA is almost up. Never Again! I can specifically remember one instance using the shoulder press machine. (One of the few machines I use there) I was on my last set trying to pump out as many of 130lbs as I could before I fell out. I was on about my 6th rep and I really wanted to get to 8. I went down after my 6th and tried to gather everything I had for my 7th. I'm pressing as hard as I can, putting everything I have into it. All of the sudden I hear a 90 year old woman say, "Are you almost done with this machine sonny?" I was done. I could hardly focus on any lifts the rest of the session. They even stopped playing music at this place because the old people dont like it. Oh well, time to go lookin for a new gym.

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees

yeah, i can't wait till i blow by these machine weenies... i will match my dad's best DL... YES I WILL!
          Last edited by Scoops; 04-10-06, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoops
            yeah, i can't wait till i blow by these machine weenies... i will match my dad's best DL... YES I WILL!
            whos your Dad?

Comment

I think it said 715lbs before it was edigted.

Comment

dad was a welder/machinist... amazing core strength, never trained or anything, but he could pick up almost anything, just from hauling around large sheets of metal all day every day at work. even now that he's down with leukemia and heart problems, i can't beat him arm wreslting, not even budge him, and he hasn't lifted anything heavy in years...

he picked up over 700 pounds on a regular basis that i remember as a kid, and that's gonna be my goal.

when i was 16, i mouthed off while sitting on the fireplace, he jumped over, grabbed me by the shoulders and lifted me off the ground and shook me like a 3 year old.. he pretty much won that one. he's a very easy going guy, almost zen-like, but i guess a bratty 16 year old will get on even buddha's nerves after a while eh?

Comment

i guess the 700-750 pound deadlift is my goal then... been trying to avoid stating that i guess... but that's ultimately what i am after...

Comment

What's wrong with stating it? It's a goal, go for it.

Comment

i got a long way to go...

Comment

and I'm sure you have already come a long way from before you started. Just keep going.

Comment

We've all got a long way to go. If you dont you need to re-evaluate your goals. Your long term ones at least.

Comment

Working...
                          X