Day 5: Shoulders, Lower Back, Abdominals
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Chest, Triceps, Abs
    Day 8: Back, Biceps, Forearms
    Day 9: Rest
    Day 12:Quadraceps, Hamstrings, Calves
    Day 11: Shoulders, Lower Back, Abdominals
    Day 12: Rest

it looks alright, very simple, very basic, very straightforward...you might want more off days, though. You grow when you're outside the gym, 3/4 days a week should be enough lifting...here you're at 4 some weeks, 5 some weeks. It'll catch up to you in a month or so

Comment

Maybe try to have a day or two between workouts

Comment

It is for a beginner. As well, I was told by a self proclaimed expert that there was too much rest. So, which is it? I don't want to like, 'call you out', but is there a source someone can suggest for me. I do have the Arnold BB Encyclopedia, and have read some specific parts about routines and he seems to like rest, but not too much. As well, I read this Ironman book where one routine had a 6 day workout, with Chest, Back, Quads, Arms, Shoulders, and Hamstrings all worked on seperate days.

Oh, and thanks.

Comment

My routnie right now is like this:

monday chest/tri's

wed back/bi's

sat shoudlers/legs

You want to give yourself a day or so to recover after each workout. Too much time in the gym can lead to overtraining . You grow when you rest.

Comment

I'm not 300 lbs or a training expert, but I think I can confidently say that 3 days a week of lifting is sufficient for a newbie, and if you'd like to go with what your guy says, I'd respectfully ask for you (or him) to share his insights and wisdom...in the interest of furthering academic discussion, of course

Comment

when i cut back to 3x a week I grew like i hadn't in years. as long as you're working out hard, 3x a week and a good diet should be enough to see some serious gains.

Comment

Honestly man, you need to figure out what works for YOU and not everyone else. No one knows but you how much rest you need and what makes you grow.

Comment

Well, the guy who keeps talking like he knows everything is really arrogant and I don't quite care for him. This excersize came out of one of the books I read and I thought it would be a good starter. I'm just trying to get as much imput as I can

Comment

Working...
                  X