Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to define quads??

Ok, Im going to get technical.

What is the best excercise/way to acheive separation in the quad muscle between the intermedialis (inside of quad) and the lateralis (outside of quad)??

try sissy squats

Comment

I think that is more of a factor of time and diet than anything. I am not sure about your stats. However any type of squat will help you get there.

Comment

squat squat squat. definition is nothing more than muscle density with lack of subcanteous fat.

Comment

Low bf% will acheive seperation in the quads!

Comment

I cant squat, my back doesnt allow it. I used to for the longest time, then threw out my back suddenly, and I will damned if I ever do it again.

Comment

squats are great, I had some serious back problems when I was younger, but I strengthened my back and I can squat like crazy without any problems. Maybe try using the hack squat machine or leg press machine, and strengthen that back up!

Comment

Originally posted by mappgh
                squats are great, I had some serious back problems when I was younger, but I strengthened my back and I can squat like crazy without any problems. Maybe try using the hack squat machine or leg press machine, and strengthen that back up!

Comment

I like hack squats with toes pointed inward... brings out a nice sweep.

Comment

I'm gonna go against the norm and say feet position on hack squats or leg presses. Wider stance for inner, feet together for outer imo.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
                      I'm gonna go against the norm and say feet position on hack squats or leg presses. Wider stance for inner, feet together for outer imo.
                      pointing your toes in our out will pull the stress more than leg stance

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing
                        pointing your toes in our out will pull the stress more than leg stance
                        Your ankles must be very strong. I couldn't pull that off. One thing with calves and a shortrange of motion. For such a large range of motion I know my ankles would give........ not so much when pointed out, but when pointed in.
                        Last edited by rubberduckyo; 09-27-03, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Taleigh,

Squat is the obvious one, and since you've had problems before, you could try some high rep no weight squats. Squats in the range of 30-50 with no weight and see what happens, guaranteed to wipe you out.

Also, you can try the leg extension machine. Best thing to do is do the leg extensions one leg at a time. Take your free hand and place it, palm open over your thigh. What you want to do is try and FEEL all the different muscles in the leg, obviously as we know there are 3-4 main ones in the thigh.

Depending on which one you want to bring out or define, place the tips of your finger on that muscle. Now, feeling that muscle try and use the MIND MUSCLE connection and try and isolate that muscle for the leg extension. It may take a few times for you too feel comfortable with it, yet it does work, used it myself successfully.

And as everyone stated, definition usually follows diet.

HOped That Helped
                          Good Luck

Comment

there is no such thing. you cannot achieve separation through training. separation achieved is from dieting. even the skinniest punk in the world could have separation in the quads. the only thing you have control over is how big your quads get and how low your bodyfat is.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
                              Your ankles must be very strong. I couldn't pull that off. One thing with calves and a shortrange of motion. For such a large range of motion I know my ankles would give........ not so much when pointed out, but when pointed in.
                              sorry, need to clarify my statement some. :) Slightly pointing your toes in out out makes a big difference. maybe 5-10 degress thats it. and i dont have gfreat ankles thanks to 11 years of soccer

Comment

Working...
                              X