Dumbbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbbells

There is a new gym that opened up today where I live. The gym has everything you need to workout except heavy dumbbells. They only go up to 70lbs. There is no contract and monthly dues are $10.00 per month + tax. They're open 24 hrs. Mon-Fri, and until 8 p.m. on Sat and Sun. My question is would most of you use that gym or pay $30 dollars and up for a gym with the same stuff plus heavier dumbbells? I know dumbbell work is important, but is it worth $20 or more per month?

Originally posted by Bigmac
    There is a new gym that opened up today where I live. The gym has everything you need to workout except heavy dumbbells. They only go up to 70lbs. There is no contract and monthly dues are $10.00 per month + tax. They're open 24 hrs. Mon-Fri, and until 8 p.m. on Sat and Sun. My question is would most of you use that gym or pay $30 dollars and up for a gym with the same stuff plus heavier dumbbells? I know dumbbell work is important, but is it worth $20 or more per month?
    Yep! I usually warm up with 65 or 70lbs dumbbells, so where do I go from there? :hmmm:

Comment

The money is worth it, pretty hard to train right without dumbells

Comment

Yea, it would be best to pay the extra for the heavier db's. Or save up to buy your own and bring em in.

Comment

sounds like a Planet Fitness gym :D

Comment

It's a "10 Fitness" gym. If he feels like this, why does he have free weights in the place period. It's just stupid.

Comment

have you asked them if they plan to expand? sometimes newer gyms startup with a certain set of weights and as revenue builds they expand. the same thing is going on with mine but they promised me that they would eventually have higher weights.

Comment

No this guy is adament about not having db's higher than 70lbs. He wants it to be more family oriented. With all the free weights and benches and all, there will be some people lifting heavy. That's why I say his philosphy doesn't make sense. For the price and the hours, the gym is great. the db's are the only downfall that I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmac
                  No this guy is adament about not having db's higher than 70lbs. He wants it to be more family oriented. With all the free weights and benches and all, there will be some people lifting heavy. That's why I say his philosphy doesn't make sense. For the price and the hours, the gym is great. the db's are the only downfall that I can see.
                  good way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54
                    sounds like a Planet Fitness gym :D
                    Exactly what I was thinking. If they are owned by the same company then there is no way they are going to go higher. Their goal is to be a non bodybuilder gym. It's more for women and guys who just want to stay fit.

I say pay the extra. It's what I did.

Comment

Bring a roll of duct tape and tape 10 pound plates to the ends of the 70's. I'm sure they'll love that.

Comment

Working...
                      X