Cardio and whey protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio and whey protein

My current diet involves me slamming a serving of whey protein as soon as I wake to stop catabolism and my diet is aimed at putting on size right now... I still want to throw in cardio about twice a week but my question is, should I do the cardio on an empty stomach or do the cardio after my whey serving?

If your goal is putting size on then I definately wouldn't do cardio on an empty stomach. Whether that means just a shake before or even a small serving of carbs and whole protein is up to you.

Comment

If you are going to do cardio first thing in the morning only twice a week i dont see much harm in doing it on an empty stomach.

Comment

I suppose I'll ask this here because it is somewhat relevant. I do directly after my workout. I am curious if that is bad because it post-pones my post workout shake about 20-25 minutes. I was told that is not a huge problem, what you do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
          I suppose I'll ask this here because it is somewhat relevant. I do directly after my workout. I am curious if that is bad because it post-pones my post workout shake about 20-25 minutes. I was told that is not a huge problem, what you do you guys think?
          When I'm training for a show 90% of my cardio is done after my workout. I don't see how that would be an issue. Only time I don't do cardio after a workout is when i train legs.

Comment

Thanks its always good to hear something to get it reinforced.

Comment

depends on your goals really. if your training for mass i would have the shake right after. feed the muscles asap.

Comment

I've always looked at cardio after a workout as the lesser of two evils. The eviler evil being cardio before the workout. But I have always been under the impression that separating them during the day is by far the best.

Comment

Working...
                X