1st time deadlifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time deadlifting

WOW, what a great feeling, tis was the 1st time i have deadlifted seriously. B4 i would dead lift very little becuz i was scared it might fuck up my back

Ok after getting the form right, i went ahead and did 5sets of DL

1st 135lbs 13times
    2nd 155lbs 9times
    3rd 175lbs 8times
    4th 175lbs 7times
    5th 225lbs 4times

Jesus ur sweating bullets within seconds, and i felt good like, it felt like like....basically better than sex, it was as if i was floating in mid-air

My prob is my grip, i only wear gloves when i workout, and when i was doing 225 my grip was slowly slipping, anything i can do that will make my grip stronger???

Your grip was probably slipping because of the gloves believe it or not. Just use your hands and some chalk.

Comment

Are you using an alternated grip? (One hand pronated and one hand supenated. How the fuck do you spell supenated anyway? Ha, forget it I'm not an english major) Anyway. When I went to an alternated grip I got to the point where it hardly ever slipped. I am to the point now where my grip can handle anything my legs and back can handle.

I actually noticed when I used gloves I had a harder time holding on to the bar.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I alternate which way each hand is facing after every set to make sure I don't get any uneven developing muscles.
      Last edited by The_Grinder; 02-01-08, 04:27 PM.

Comment

^lol supinate - your close

good advise bro

Just keep doing them you'll develop a grip and for fuck sake ditch the gloves

Comment

Thank u all for ur responses

To answer Grinder's ques, i do indeed use alternate grips, but i do not alternate which way each hand is facing after every set (i am gonna start doin that)
          funny thing is even wit gloves i have calluses around my upper palm
          so i will now ditch the gloves, calluses r nice especially when u hold a girls hand and she is like EWWWWWW....WTF IS ON UR HANDS??? :D

Comment

Working...
          X