Best straps I've ever used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best straps I've ever used

I bought these a long time ago and I didn't really like them so I just threw them in a droor and forgot about them. Well, a couple months ago I found them and decided to try them out again and now I love them. I use them to re-enforce my grip on pull day but I also use them as wrist support when I bench or do weighted dips.

Bodybuilding.com - Schiek Lifting Straps - New Lock-On Dowel! On sale now!

I've been using them for years, they are great.

Comment

Do you fellas think that using straps hinders your long term forearm and grip strength at all?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
        Do you fellas think that using straps hinders your long term forearm and grip strength at all?
        I worry more about safety and other parts of my body lagging because of my grip being to weak, more than the tiny bit a difference it will make in my forearms.

Comment

Yes. it does hinder.

If you can not properly engage the entire muscular chain from the hand to the lats in say... a deadlift. You don't have near the posture and muscular-skeletal reinforcement you should have. Posterior chain muscular development starts at the hands.

People see me doing 400lb(2 and a half times my BW) deadlifts in the gym and look at me like im crazy, and ask me questions why I dont use a belt and straps and inform me how Im lifting unsafely. I tell them thanks, and go on with my unsafe lifting.

Comment

One of the other big differences when I first started using straps is my hand go really tore without them. To me, as a pet peeve, I like to have nice softer hands. I have never tried to compete or anything like that so I can be picky.

Comment

the only thing that i ever need straps for is DB shrugs.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                Yes, it does. That's why I only use straps for my heaviest sets. In fact I usually use them when gripping plastic handles on machines or cable attachments. I have pretty strong 1 rep grip strength but my grip will give out before my back/traps towards the end of a set.

Comment

I have straps but only for heavy DB shrugs and deadlifts. I have small chubby hands though which makes gripping the bar less fun when its like 315 lbs and my fat ass. I do however think I keep really good posture.

Comment

Well I guess I am the only one that uses it for everything. But then again the strap transferring the weight to the wrist is only on a few exercises. The rest of the time I am basically just wrapping the bar in cloth to protect my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
                      Well I guess I am the only one that uses it for everything. But then again the strap transferring the weight to the wrist is only on a few exercises. The rest of the time I am basically just wrapping the bar in cloth to protect my hands.

:ghey:

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf View Post
                        :ghey:
                        and I'm not ashamed :D

Comment

I will be ordering some tonight if I can't find any at sports authority. I am looking forward to not having to use an alternating grip anymore.

Comment

You could probably find them (maybe not the exact brand) at like a Dick's or Academy Sports.

Comment

You might want to try ProWristStraps.com if you can't find anything you like locally - they make some incredible straps and they sell chalk etc (what I prefer to use if possible)...

Comment

Working...
                              X