Do we have any powerlifters on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any powerlifters on here?

I'd like to give it a go and just wondered if anyone else competes. I'm not going to stop my regular training, just adapt it here and there and periodize.

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
    I'd like to give it a go and just wondered if anyone else competes. I'm not going to stop my regular training, just adapt it here and there and periodize.
    just my two cents...most powerlifters I know don't even do their own movements all year round because of the stresses they cause. they lift for strength and size on a normal program and then as their meet comes up they "practice" their lifts because that is what most of the can do and get better, using the strength they built up. so if you aren't competeing I wouldn't even do them but I am sure I will fire a few stokes with those comments.

Comment

well if i must .learn how to deadlift, the lower back gets slammed (major horsepower).take the sqauts down in the hole lower back and ass and also quads get slammed(more major horse power).the totals that are being put up are made up for the most part are lower body grunt.yea i powerlift or claim to but if u dont have that core lower back butt and quad thing going on u will get youre ass handed back to ya real quick.the reason i say that is i keep the bar that i had to drop off my back in my garage thats busted at both ends to remind me .

Comment

Im an olympic lifter *shrugs*

powerlifting stresses the body out too much.

Comment

Thanks guys, I had a guy that has competed give me a couple pointers the other day and before training chest as my regular workout I did some benching with him. just getting used to the different technique. The bench technique doesn't seem a problem its the deep squat required that I will have to practice more.

Comment

Working...
          X