goin catabolic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goin catabolic?

what can I do to try and prevent myself from going catabolic durring super high intence cardio. Is there something I can eat or drink before, or is it just what it is?

I guess I should of gave you a idea of what I do now.
    wake up
    9:00am eat 6 egg whites 2 whole eggs. drink shake with oats, natty PB, bananna, flax oil, whey protein.
    11:00am intence cardio
    12:00noon some days more cardio
    I drink virtagro and whey after cardio then go about my daily meal plan but is there something Im not doin right?

Comment

That would probably work for me - what is it doing for *you* though? Are you losing muscle with it now or just afraid you might?

Comment

its only a brief period during the day so i wouldn't worry about it. everyone has periods like that during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
          what can I do to try and prevent myself from going catabolic durring super high intence cardio. Is there something I can eat or drink before, or is it just what it is?
          I guess I don't understand your question....are you using the term to mean long term muscle loss? or like actually DURING your cardio do you believe you are "burning" muscle? if you have carbs and fats in your system then your body won't burn protein. however if you are talking catabolic as in overtraining then that is a whole nother statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
            I guess I don't understand your question....are you using the term to mean long term muscle loss? or like actually DURING your cardio do you believe you are "burning" muscle? if you have carbs and fats in your system then your body won't burn protein. however if you are talking catabolic as in overtraining then that is a whole nother statement.
            yea, i dont know what he is really asking either.

Comment

well at first I was askin about durring but my next question would of been overtraining. I feel alot weaker in my regular workouts witch happen at 4:00pm.
              for my first question Im ok as long as I have my shake and eggs. what if I went before eating anything? Im guessing that would eat up muscle?
              second question about overtraining, will I just get used to it?

Comment

well at first I was askin about durring but my next question would of been overtraining. I feel alot weaker in my regular workouts witch happen at 4:00pm.
                for my first question Im ok as long as I have my shake and eggs. what if I went before eating anything? Im guessing that would eat up muscle?
                second question about overtraining, will I just get used to it?
                used to it, god I hope not. I would avoid it at all cost :). are you training for something specific? two cardio sessions a day and gym time at 4? how many days a week?

Comment

used to it, god I hope not. I would avoid it at all cost :). are you training for something specific? two cardio sessions a day and gym time at 4? how many days a week?
                  I should of been more specific.
                  monday I train at 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing at 4:00 I do chest and tris

tuesday 4:00 I do legs (quads and calfs)

wednessday 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing at 4:00 I do back and bis

thursday 4:00 I do shoulders, hammys, traps

friday 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing (sometimes) or

saturday 9:00 to 10:30 gladiator training (mma workout) 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing.

sunday chill.

friday and saturday are never back to back I pick one or the other depending on how I feel!

Comment

I should of been more specific.
                    monday I train at 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing at 4:00 I do chest and tris

tuesday 4:00 I do legs (quads and calfs)

wednessday 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing at 4:00 I do back and bis

thursday 4:00 I do shoulders, hammys, traps

friday 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing (sometimes) or

saturday 9:00 to 10:30 gladiator training (mma workout) 11:00 to 12:00 kick boxing.

sunday chill.

friday and saturday are never back to back I pick one or the other depending on how I feel!
                    so I guess I will ask again are you training for something specifically? do you fight? or is it more hobby type stuff? if you don't have something specific you are training for I would back off on the gym (well either way I would back off on the gym if you you are doing that much "Cardio"). I would place more days in between your weight lifting sessions as well at least 2 to 3.

Comment

just for fun im not training for a fight.
                      do you mean do chest tris on monday then wait 2-3 days before back bis?
                      Im kinda stuck cuzz I love to fight and I love to lift weights. I need to find a happy medium.
                      I want the body builder look with the fighter conditioning.

Comment

just for fun im not training for a fight.
                        do you mean do chest tris on monday then wait 2-3 days before back bis?
                        Im kinda stuck cuzz I love to fight and I love to lift weights. I need to find a happy medium.
                        I want the body builder look with the fighter conditioning.
                        hmmm thats tough because fighters are like bodybuilders, they have offseasons and "peak" for a fight. I don't think its possible to keep that type of condition all year round. it inherently brings them to the brink of over-training and hence that is why they only fight 2 to 3 times a year. I guess its just pick and choose what you want. But I will tell you this, i bet (guarantee) that if you reduce your frequency and volume of weight training (but keep the intensity) you will not LOSE anything and in fact will feel better and probably gain better. have more energy for both sports which you love. I think that is a good trade off. I understand the "addiction" side of training and how we all love that feeling but I think focusing on the results sides is even more rewarding. its just a state of mind.

Comment

. But I will tell you this, i bet (guarantee) that if you reduce your frequency and volume of weight training (but keep the intensity) you will not LOSE anything and in fact will feel better and probably gain better. have more energy for both sports which you love. .
                          would you mind writing down a lil something just to give me a Idea to start from?

Comment

would you mind writing down a lil something just to give me a Idea to start from?
                            yeah I am cooking a lasagna right now but I will do it tonight

Comment

yeah I am cooking a lasagna right now but I will do it tonight
                              thanks bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X