Shocked my back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked my back

So i went and shocked my back with Dead lifts. Felt good and my back was burning and stinging. This is what i did:

2 sets of 135lbs (10reps)
    2 sets of 185lbs (7reps)
    2 sets of 225lbs (4reps)
    1 set of 315lbs (1rep) I wanted to go for two sets, but it was hard to lift up for my 1st rep. So 2nd time i tried to lift, i got nothing. Lifting this shit took me out, i was like FUCK THIS, and sat down for a while.

Sounds like you don't do these often. You don't want to screw up your lower back, so you may want to ease into these. Maybe sticking w/3 sets of 10 & the same weight and work up from there. If you don't do them often, I'm sure you'll see a pretty quick progression. Just don't fuck around and hurt your back cause you'll regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone View Post
      Sounds like you don't do these often. You don't want to screw up your lower back, so you may want to ease into these. Maybe sticking w/3 sets of 10 & the same weight and work up from there. If you don't do them often, I'm sure you'll see a pretty quick progression. Just don't fuck around and hurt your back cause you'll regret it.
      I do deadlifts every week, tis week i went all out becuz i felt like it, lol (stupid i know) but ya my parents tell me to watch out for my back. But ya thx for the heads up. Next week i will just do my regular 4 sets @185. I just wanted to c f this would shock my back and stimulate massive growth.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
        I do deadlifts every week, tis week i went all out becuz i felt like it, lol (stupid i know) but ya my parents tell me to watch out for my back. But ya thx for the heads up. Next week i will just do my regular 4 sets @185. I just wanted to c f this would shock my back and stimulate massive growth.
        Personally I always lift hard on deads. Besides two warm up sets, I never do more than 5 or 6 reps in a set. I try to throw on extra plates every DL session too. Fuck it if I hurt my back, I havent so far.

On a side note I always do my deads in front of a mirror. Even though I always try and go heavy, I won't do a weight if my form has to be off to do it.

Comment

bump

ok today is Monday, and i did this workout Friday. And i am still sore. Pretty sure its a good indication

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            Fuck it if I hurt my back, I havent so far.
            what do you mean bro?

Comment

Working...
            X