Quad injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad injury

Yesterday, I injured my quad pretty good. Felt like it tore when i squated. But i think i just strained it.

I started with leg curls, 5 sets. Then started squating. 135 for 15, 185 for 12, 225 for 12. At 225, i felt more tired than usual. JUst shook it off, and took a little extra time before my next set. 275, started to squat down, and felt what i thought was a tear. Spotter helped me up. Hurt like hell for about an hour. Now today, i'm sore as hell in my quad. Feels like i had a really bad charlie horse. No bruising, so i don't think its torn. NOt bad when i walk. up and down stairs, different story

Good news, it gave me a reason not to get up early and jog today. I'm just hoping it heals quickly. But it looks like no squats for a few weeks.

do you have knot or anything where you felt the pain?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      do you have knot or anything where you felt the pain?
      no knot. tender to pressure. no visible brusing. the more i walk today, the more it seems to loosen up. the full extension of my knee is the only time i struggle.

the soreness is about 4 inches below my hip bone, just to the outside of the middle of my thigh

Comment

the best way i just thought of describing it is, it feels like i got drilled with a fastball in the upper outer portion of my thigh, without a bruise. when i sit down, and try to do leg extensions, it shakes as i near straightening of my leg. but i can do mini one lef squats

Comment

dosent sound like a tear to me. just give it a rest for a bit.

Comment

dosent sound like a tear to me. just give it a rest for a bit.
            thats what i plan on. its almost exactly where you would hit for a quad inject. its gotten better as the day has gone on, so i'm hoping tomorrow it is a little better. will be some solace in that

Comment

feeling much better today that yesterday. Heading to my primary physician today. Getting a referral to an ortodpedic doctor in case i need it. but i think i'll be back doing cardio next week. and trainnig legs the next week

Comment

Hopefully it is not a tear. I had a small tear in my groin and it took 9 months to heal. What a pain in the ass. Just make sure you don't jump back in to quick and reinjure the muscle. Make sure you give it the time needed to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                  Hopefully it is not a tear. I had a small tear in my groin and it took 9 months to heal. What a pain in the ass. Just make sure you don't jump back in to quick and reinjure the muscle. Make sure you give it the time needed to heal.
                  when you had a tear though it bothered you for awhile right? he is saying that his leg really isn't even bothering him any more.

Comment

when you had a tear though it bothered you for awhile right? he is saying that his leg really isn't even bothering him any more.
                    its definitely still bothering. hurts going up and down steps. just nothing close to what it was yesterday. yesterday, every step made me cringe because my quad wouldn't support me at times. today that isnt happening.

but overall, it is getting better. and no bruising. so i'm happy. no leg training next week. maybe light cardio. and then i'll go from there

Comment

It did bother me for a while. Depending on the exercise or type of cardio would determine how much discomfort it would cause.

I'm sure mine is a completely different kind of injury I was just trying to say, give it the time needed to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                        It did bother me for a while. Depending on the exercise or type of cardio would determine how much discomfort it would cause.

I'm sure mine is a completely different kind of injury I was just trying to say, give it the time needed to heal.
                        I definitely am. I'm sick in the head, I enjoy doing squats and nearly getting sick. But i'm taking off two weeks from legs to begin with. Which means it wont be until march 24th at the earliest i'll train them again.

I am gonna start light cardio next week. So walking, and maybe light jopgging if i can handle it. I'll see how it progresses. Last thing i wanna do is get layed up and out of the gym completely

Comment

it will be two weeks on monday, still sore when i do body weight squats. haven't tried doing lwegs yet. On monday, just gonnna do some calves and hammies. Then see how i feel.

at least i am able to do cardio

Comment

Working...
                          X