injured right shoulder tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injured right shoulder tonight

Just got back a little ago from gym and I was doing shoulder presses and I felt a loud crunch/pop in my shoulder and now it hurts to even hold my arm straight out........really bummed....looks like i need to hit the hot tub......hope it feels better soon

Originally posted by t3chnin3 View Post
    Just got back a little ago from gym and I was doing shoulder presses and I felt a loud crunch/pop in my shoulder and now it hurts to even hold my arm straight out........really bummed....looks like i need to hit the hot tub......hope it feels better soon
    I just hate to have injurys! good luck hope you OK by next shoulder workout.

Comment

most shoulder injury's seem to come from barbell shoulder presses and flat bench barbell presses.

i am not exactly sure why but i can tell you that barbell hurts my shoulders and DB's dont. i hardly ever do barbell presses anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        most shoulder injury's seem to come from barbell shoulder presses and flat bench barbell presses.

i am not exactly sure why but i can tell you that barbell hurts my shoulders and DB's dont. i hardly ever do barbell presses anymore.
        X100
        I have stoped barbell shoulder presses years ago but Ego had me still doing barbell flat bench press untill this last time I hurt my shoulder.lol never again will I do them

Comment

I am still aching....I'm actually up tonite from bed cause I cant get comfortable no matter how I lay my arm. Its a little better, doc wouldnt give me any pain killer...said it sounds like a pulled muscle and take tylenol. I would think if its bad enough to keep me awake at night maybe I need something a little stronger than tylenol....oh well....time is helping....skipped last few days of lifting. I am still doing cardio. I workout on a 6 day schedule. 3 days weight training and 3 days cardio rotating.....

Comment

Barbells don't allow for a natural rom in the hands/subsequent joints in those types of movements - they still serve a great purpose in weightlifting but they aren't the "safest" exercises/weights you can be utilizing that's for sure...

Of course I use them and so do about 1,000,000,000 other people because quite simply - THEY WORK. Unfortunately ALL of my injuries have involved barbells only if that helps dissuade you in any way (and I'm currently nursing a bad shoulder injury from a bench press movement and a nasty elbow injury likely from the same type of movement but at a later date :()

Comment

Working...
            X