Help with Shoulders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Shoulders

The deltoid has two heads, right? I feel like my rear shoulders suck. Any good exercises to focus on the rear shoulder...

yea, not sure what the exercise is called but basically you sit at the end of a bench bent over with 2 dumbbells and do a reverse fly. lifting the weight with your rear delts. i hope that makes sense, kind of hard to explain how to do certain exercises.

Comment

I have used that before, but is there more of a compound movement that I can use?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
        I have used that before, but is there more of a compound movement that I can use?
        compound movement for rear delts would be basic presses etc.. they still get hit. the reverse fly that i am talking about is the only thing that really focuses on them.

Comment

The deltoid has two heads, right? I feel like my rear shoulders suck. Any good exercises to focus on the rear shoulder...
          shoulders have three heads, front, medial and rear. a rear delt machine (What bouncer was talking about just using dumbells instead) is the most direct form of exercise for the rear delt. Doing reverse grip pulldowns also hits this head as well. bent over rows will hit this head. basically if you have a good Back program you should be getting enough rear delt work. I don't do them on shoulder day for that reason.

Comment

yep 3 heads anterior, medial, and posterior. i like to straddle a incline bench, and do, what i call, reverse lateral raise. seems to hit the posterior delt pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
              bent over rows will hit this head.
              I do these. What do you mean reverse grip pulldowns, like the tricep workout?

It sucks, because its obvious the rear delt head isn't there and it makes me sad.

Comment

I feel my bent over laterals 10x more when I am laying face down on an incline bench. Really doesnt let you cheat.

Comment

I do these. What do you mean reverse grip pulldowns, like the tricep workout?

It sucks, because its obvious the rear delt head isn't there and it makes me sad.
                  no..its just a lat pulldown with a reverse grip (and closer than a wide grip pulldown)

Comment

you can hit your rear delts on the pecker machine, I mean pec deck. I like this one. The dbs also work or you can use the cable units. Make sure the lever is all the way at the bottom..grrrr I hate explaining these things. let me find a vid.

brb :D I needed alot of work on my rears and did these for a bit. I had to hit them both on back and shoulder day and they have come in nicely :D

Comment

Cable Rear Lateral Raise

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                        no..its just a lat pulldown with a reverse grip (and closer than a wide grip pulldown)
                        Those are included in my workout as well...

Comment

seated cable rows (high pulls - to chest not stomach), bent over rows

Comment

Working...
                          X