Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Injury

On friday, i messed up my neck after completing a set of DB chest press

I strained the muscle that runs from the back of your neck to the upper right side of your back, and strained the right Trap as well.

I cannnot turn my head to the right fully. Cannot look fully up or down, but i can fully look to my left.

Over the weekend it healed nicely and yest i was all better. Today i go in and do shoulders, so far so good until i get to shrugs. I pick up 60lbs DB for warm-ups, and i didn't feel anything...than i picked up 105lbs DB and did 9 reps before the pain was back. I forced one more set out of me before i noticed the damage i did to my neck. Its been hurting since 1pm today. I cannot turn my neck and its constantly paining. Feels like eagle claws digging on the right side of my back and right trap.

Has anyone had this injury before??? and if so, what have you done to treat it???

just a basic muscle pull bro.

heat and ice it. take some ibuprofen and most importantly.... REST. it was a bad idea to go back and do shoulders as your first workout after the injury. take a few days off from all lifting. dont do traps next week at all. treat your body well and give it time to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      just a basic muscle pull bro.

heat and ice it. take some ibuprofen and most importantly.... REST. it was a bad idea to go back and do shoulders as your first workout after the injury. take a few days off from all lifting. dont do traps next week at all. treat your body well and give it time to heal.
      I worked out bi's and tri's monday and i didn't feel anything...just after i hit shrugs i was in pain

I don't like taking time off for injuries, but if have too, than so be it :(

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post

I don't like taking time off for injuries, but if have too, than so be it :(
        nobody does. then again, if you don't you could really fuck something up and be in pain for months. bet you wouldn't like that either. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          nobody does. then again, if you don't you could really fuck something up and be in pain for months. bet you wouldn't like that either. lol.
          ya, your right...

I'll guess i just run and do cardio for the rest of this week...and next week just keep doing cardio, and the following week get back into lifting

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
            ya, your right...

I'll guess i just run and do cardio for the rest of this week...and next week just keep doing cardio, and the following week get back into lifting
            i would just take off a week from lifting. go back next week. just skip traps next week.

Comment

Working...
            X