training partners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training partners

how many of you work out with a buddy? i work harder when i have someone pushing me and also the competitive nature of physical activity. i cant think of any down sides to having a partner. i like having a spotter always.

I dont on a regular basis, I should though, it really does motivate you.

Comment

My buddy is my power rack,no one there to bug you about shit :D

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
      IntensityX

Comment

You can get so much better results with a partner, just for the constant spot to help you push past your failure. I wish I had one. In my 3 years of die hard lifting I only had a partner for about three months. And that was about four months ago. I loved how much easier it was to get past my plateus.

Comment

Nah, I don't like partners, its distracting when you want to train in a certain time limit. Its kinda annoying when I'm pushing up 250 on the incline when my "partner" is complimenting me on my manliness while he drips sweat in my eye while spotting me. But on the other hand I just get people to spot me now and then.

Comment

i have a parter most of the time. It helps a lot

Comment

I thought i'd be in the minority here...but im not. Yeah, partners are a big help over plateus, but they can often just get in the way, besides i talk too much if im in the gym "with" someone.

Comment

i work out with a partner. i like it most the time but it seems to take twice as long to workout when i am with someone

Comment

At my gym we really help each other. Thhere is about 6-8 guys that push each other and spot etc. Its to damn hard to rely on one person.

Comment

Re: training partners

Originally posted by jipped genes
                    how many of you work out with a buddy? i work harder when i have someone pushing me and also the competitive nature of physical activity. i cant think of any down sides to having a partner. i like having a spotter always.
                    I like having a partner, or a group, but once I moved out to Ft. Worth, I've been forced to work out by myself. Back home, there was a group of about 8 of us, ranging in age from 18 - 50. I got better results working out in that situation than I ever have alone. People laughing or calling you a pussy, etc. really seems to have a motivating effect for me.

Comment

im training a friend and he helps me out with some heavy shit. I need a partner now cause he pushes me intogoingheavier and more reps, here I grow

Comment

If he's as intense as me then I love having a lifting partner. They really help to break through plateus. Plus it is nice to know I am going to get a proper spot. I cant stand the guys that either keep their hands on the bar the whole time, or let you sit in a sticking point for 3 minutes and then just grab and lift rather than give me enough to just bump me past it.

Comment

I have a partner once and a while but he doesn't do me any good. I feel I work better and harder on my own.

Comment

I work out at teh same time everynight, same people are always there and I know them all now.. so while I don't have any specific partner I have a group todraw on when I need the spots etc...

Comment

I usually work out by myself because with a partner:
                              1. I know my body and most guys don't. ..ie. bad spotting and lifting my shit when I can do it myself.
                              2. too much talking
                              3. fucking lateness. . .I hate guys being late ( I implement the warmup rule right away. . .5 min warmup on the bike starting at the time they were supposed to arrive and then I start if they are not there; they can't work in after that unless it was a really good reason!)
                              4. I change my routine a lot and most guys seem to like doing the same boring shit over and over. . .
                              hmmm, that is about it. . .:)
                              on the sticking point thing my girl can spot me enough to get past sticking points; a spotter is just that, a spotter. Not someone to lift the weight for you. I do let guys struggle for a few seconds if they say at the start " I am going for 12 " and proceed to fail at 7. . .this is not aimed at you woodard:) if you say "I am going for 8 and stick at 7 then I would give you a little boost to get it up! that is a proper spot. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X