best cardio to lose weight when you dont care about losing muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best cardio to lose weight when you dont care about losing muscle

i was doing some walking on a high incline for about 45 mins at 12-15% and im at the point where im ready to just drop weight fast so ive been doing some intervals does anyone have a recomendation for the best way to drop weight with cardio, my diet is def good, i want to focus on cardio and im going to try to cut about 200 calories out of my diet every week or two depending how i feel so need some recomendations

Originally posted by parabody View Post
    im at the point where im ready to just drop weight fast
    that is never a good thing. in effect you will slow the metabolism, waist muscle, and tell your body to hold onto its fat stores. nothing good comes from doing things fast and half assed.

Comment

ok well if not fast then what is a way to get better results, will running intervals be better that walking, and would you suggest cutting calories to ensure weight loss. im currently at 215 and trying to drop to 200 if possible over the next 2 months

Comment

ok well if not fast then what is a way to get better results, will running intervals be better that walking, and would you suggest cutting calories to ensure weight loss. im currently at 215 and trying to drop to 200 if possible over the next 2 months
        i would only suggest cutting calories if you are over your caloric needs. if you are under and you cut cals it will make things worse by slowing the metabolism.

when i cut up i hardly do any cardio. for me it is all about diet. adding in cardio makes things harder for me because of more cals burned and the chance of the metabolism being speed up and eating muscle.

Comment

Hey man, not to be a thread stealer, but i am in the same shoes kinda....

I do 45min-60min of moderate-intense cardio twice a week

For 20min i am on the eliptical literally sweating my ass off

than i get on the bike for 10min to bring my heart rate down to 130-145bpm

lastly i get on the rowing machine and do that for 10-20min depending how much energy i have left

I started this routine last week, and so far my metabolism has actually increased, and my weight is the same\

Its time to cut up and get fat ass down to 13%bf
          Diet is good, and i will post that up when i get a chance

Comment

yeah no problem, i normally just do cardio on the treadmill for a while for a couple weeks then hit eliptical some days but not relaly bike doesnt really work for me but i can say that my metabolism has def gone up since doing intervals compared to walking but its also may be from some new supp im taking who knows

Comment

yeah no problem, i normally just do cardio on the treadmill for a while for a couple weeks then hit eliptical some days but not relaly bike doesnt really work for me but i can say that my metabolism has def gone up since doing intervals compared to walking but its also may be from some new supp im taking who knows

Aren't you taking a thermogenic????

Comment

its tetrazene with kgm-90 in it but i havent seen to many reviews on it but well see what happens i dont notice much of a difference just more pump durring workout

Comment

its tetrazene with kgm-90 in it but i havent seen to many reviews on it but well see what happens i dont notice much of a difference just more pump durring workout
                  ahhh....ok ok

Comment

Working...
                  X