quickest way to gain strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickest way to gain strength

i need to get stronger, i am pretty happy with my physique but I would love to get just that much bigger, however, i am not very strong (in my opinion) and we all know to get big you have to lift heavy.. what would my options be to gain strength to help me get bigger.. like what options would i have with say supplements and or gear

Training wise, if you are thinking about strenght and only strength, I would check out the Westside Barbell routines....

Comment

CNS conditioning....when you say stronger what are you talking about? do you want to be strong on specific movements or are we talking about real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
        CNS conditioning....when you say stronger what are you talking about? do you want to be strong on specific movements or are we talking about real life?
        i think its pretty clear. he wants to be stronger in the gym. stop trying to play the "complicated stonecold" and answer the fucken question without making someone solve a riddle. :fufool:

Comment

..... waiting for nekrawulf to drop in with a one word riddle/suggestion, or phrase like a hit and run......

"how do I gain strength?..... train the axis radius, stallone over the top, flux capicator!!"

Comment

Try shocking your muscle's

Comment

Originally posted by toolwtf View Post
              ..... waiting for nekrawulf to drop in with a one word riddle/suggestion, or phrase like a hit and run......

"how do I gain strength?..... train the axis radius, stallone over the top, flux capicator!!"
              now that is funny! "flux capicator" ahahah

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                now that is funny! "flux capicator" ahahah
                lol knew you'd like that one.

Comment

DOC!! lol.. but seriously, i feel like i should be lifting more than i am, and i seem to fatigue rather quickly, need to put on that slight bit more mass for south beach :D

Comment

what is your current training program leanbeast? let us know, that will help us to give suggestions on what to change up etc..

Comment

Originally posted by LeanBeast View Post
                      i need to get stronger, i am pretty happy with my physique but I would love to get just that much bigger, however, i am not very strong (in my opinion) and we all know to get big you have to lift heavy.. what would my options be to gain strength to help me get bigger.. like what options would i have with say supplements and or gear
                      You need to charge that flux capacitor. IF all your joints are in working order. To get strong you need to do the big multi-joint/ whole body type exercises that will cause neurological and endocrine responses. You have to to recruit more muscle fiber in each lift to increase strength. Remember our bodys are always holding out on us whether it be losing fat, increasing muscle mass or recruiting muscle fibers. Your body to survive in the struggle of life always wants to keep something in reserve. That's why a mother can lift a car to save her child because we are capable of so much more than our body lets us know about. You have to cause stress and make your nervous system fire those muscle fibers it's what I always hear the pros call the mind to muscle connection that is what makes you strong. So as you recruit more muscle guess what happens to the muscle.

Comment

right now my routine goes something like this.. (6 days, i do days 1-6, then repeat, etc) Day1-Chest/Tris, Day2-Back,Bicep, Day3-Rest, Day4-Shoulders,Calves, Day5-Hams, Quads, Day6-REST, repeat... exercises are something like this: (usually 3 sets of 10,8,6 reps per exercise)

Chest/Tri: Smith Machine Barbell Press, Incline Dumbell Press, Cable Flys, Dips, Skull Crushers, Tricep Kickbacks, Tricep rope pulldowns

Back/Bicep: Lat Pulldowns, Dumbell Rows, Pullups, Standing alternating dumbell curls, seated curlbar curls, isolation curls

Shoulders/Calves: Shrugs, Military Press Machine, Lateral raises, Calf machine with pads on knees, seated calf sliding machine

Hams/Quads: Smith Machine Squats, Leg extension machine, Leg Curl machine, Lunge machine, Leg Press

Abs (Days 1,3 and 6): I do Swiss ball crunches and hanging leg raises (only do 2 sets of each since i do them last and im pretty beat by then)
                        Last edited by LeanBeast; 05-24-08, 01:52 AM.

Comment

right now my routine goes something like this.. (6 days, i do days 1-6, then repeat, etc) Day1-Chest/Tris, Day2-Back,Bicep, Day3-Rest, Day4-Shoulders,Calves, Day5-Hams, Quads, Day6-REST, repeat... exercises are something like this: (usually 3 sets of 10,8,6 reps per exercise)

Chest/Tri: Smith Machine Barbell Press, Incline Dumbell Press, Cable Flys, Dips, Skull Crushers, Tricep Kickbacks, Tricep rope pulldowns

Back/Bicep: Lat Pulldowns, Dumbell Rows, Pullups, Standing alternating dumbell curls, seated curlbar curls, isolation curls

Shoulders/Calves: Shrugs, Military Press Machine, Lateral raises, Calf machine with pads on knees, seated calf sliding machine

Hams/Quads: Smith Machine Squats, Leg extension machine, Leg Curl machine, Lunge machine, Leg Press

Abs (Days 1,3 and 6): I do Swiss ball crunches and hanging leg raises (only do 2 sets of each since i do them last and im pretty beat by then)
                          well I guess I can please bouncer by making the answer easy. you are training to much...if what you said is true that you do 3 sets per exercises and you do all those above listed exercises and its 6 days a week then there is no possible way your body will "Catch up" with itself to get stronger or bigger. drop the pointless sets and focus on one quality set per exercise (AFTER you take two weeks off to let your body recover).

Comment

You think its too much? Each muscle group is getting worked only once every 6 days (almost a week) which is what so many people reccomend and im fully recovered by the time i work the muscle again :D

Comment

You think its too much? Each muscle group is getting worked only once every 6 days (almost a week) which is what so many people reccomend and im fully recovered by the time i work the muscle again :D
                              I don't care if most of america recommends something it doesn't make it right or even close to right. I have written ad nasuem on GAS general adaptive syndrome so you can search on it. but the body has to recovery locally and as a WHOLE. your neurlogicial and endocrine systems take 2-3 days minimum to recover from a stressful situation (regardless of the stimuli). just keep that in mind when making a program. even every other day is too much. obvsiously the status quo in mainstream training ignores proper training but you can better yourself by ignoring them and actually looking at what takes place in your body from what we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X