advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

any advice people can give me to help get gains on my pecs?

i have tried everything. maximal lifts. different workouts. took time off. i understand different muscle groups get different gains. but it is very frustrating. i do get very gradual gains but would like to hear any advice from any one out there that has any.

every other muscle group blows up without a problem........

gaining lean muscle (especially naturally) takes time depending on your body type. there are a million different workouts, but i would say a huge percentage of why people dont gain is related to diet

as far as exercises i usually do weighted dips, dumbell presses, incline or flat flys, dumbell or machine pull overs.
    good luck bro and welcome to the board

Comment

you would have to post your whole workout and diet for us to even begin to critique anything. you can't pull something out of context and try to fix it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by sols-miester View Post
        any advice people can give me to help get gains on my pecs?

i have tried everything. maximal lifts. different workouts. took time off. i understand different muscle groups get different gains. but it is very frustrating. i do get very gradual gains but would like to hear any advice from any one out there that has any.

every other muscle group blows up without a problem........

DIET is KEY...without DIET you're nothing

2nd is your workout. This is crucial. You don't want to over train and end up burning off your muscles.

3rd is sleep. If one of these 3 is lacking, you will not grow to your full potential.

Comment

whats overworking the muscle group.

usually i do regular bench, incline, decline, flys, and two more exercises.

every other workout i will switch my bech from barbell to dumbbell and the flys from machine to dumbell or cable.

3-4 sets each exercise

Comment

every other workout i will switch my bech from barbell to dumbbell and the flys from machine to dumbell or cable.

3-4 sets each exercise

so your doing 5 chest exercises with 3-4 sets each?
            that's too much IMO.
            i do 2 movements for chest with a total of 5 maybe 6 sets not including warm-up.

Comment

3-4 sets each exercise
              cut the flat bench, cut the decline, and cut the "2 more exercises".

do 4 sets of incline DB presses (heavy as you can go with perfect form while doing 10 reps.)

also do 4 sets cable flys. (again, heavy as you can go with perfect from while doing 10 reps.)

that is it. try it for a month and see if you notice change.

Comment

cool. thanks for the advice guys. i will definately try this.

was also wondering........whats your guys opinion on integrating triceps with chest day?

Comment

s-t--r---e----t-----c------h as soon as you're done - try fascial stretching, it's painful but many people swear by it.

Comment

was also wondering........whats your guys opinion on integrating triceps with chest day?
                    i like to do tris and biceps but that just me.

Comment

so if i was overworking my chest by that much, then my guess is that im also overworking my back.

deadlift first (every other back day), bent over rows, dumbbel or machine backflys, cable front pulldowns, lat pulldowns front and back. 3-4 sets each.

hey bouncer. i did your chest workout last night. was very surprised at how smoked i was afterwards. appreciate it.

Comment

so if i was overworking my chest by that much, then my guess is that im also overworking my back.

deadlift first (every other back day), bent over rows, dumbbel or machine backflys, cable front pulldowns, lat pulldowns front and back. 3-4 sets each.

hey bouncer. i did your chest workout last night. was very surprised at how smoked i was afterwards. appreciate it.
                        yea, cut all the sets etc.. no need for so much. deads, rows, lat pull downs, done.

glad you liked the chest workout

Comment

yes just remember more in terms that you are trying to BUILD muscle rather than see how much exercise you can do....much different concepts....

Comment

Working...
                          X