Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back from being sick... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back from being sick... thoughts?

the last two weeks have been miserable. i got a nice case of strep about two weeks ago. my discount insurance company seriously fucked me over, and i wasnt able to get into the doctor for a few days. i finally did, finally got my antibiotics, and i am just now feeling better. i tried working out the middle of this past week, and it was bad. my strength was 10% of what it used to be, the room was spinning, my head was pounding. i packed it in early that day, because i figured i was doing more harm than good.

so tomorrow im going to get back into a regular routine now that im finally feeling better. i have lost 8 pounds in two weeks, im sure my strength and energy levels will be dogshit. any tips to get back into it? should i lighten up my routine to make the transition easier?

Discount insurance company? Is it anything like this AmeriPlan USA® ?

Comment

Biggest thing is calories. Increase you calories by 1000 or so for the next few days. No cardio for the next few days. Keep the training short and sweet for the next week. about 30 minutes, no longer.

Comment

What bouncer said...calories (especially carbs) are important because your immune system runs on carbs. My rule of thumb after a long-ish layoff due to being sick is to cut my number of sets in half so as to not deplete my energy. I also use half the weight I'd normally handle for more reps to reduce the chance of injury, since muscles can be stiff/dehydrated after an illness. The following week, you will probably be able to go back to your normal set volume and use 90 percent of what you were working out with before you got sick...assuming you're fully recovered.

Comment

Make sure you're continuing to get plenty of rest. Just because you "feel" better does not mean your body has fully recovered.

Comment

calories and that protien levels are important. i got sick and kinda lost my Mojo for the Gym. 260 lbs 15%bf to 154 25% bf over a month. I was really sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev View Post
              260 lbs 15%bf to 154 25% bf over a month.
              imposable. the bodyweight loss is possible if you are VERY sick and just didnt eat a thing. but the increase in bf % while losing that much weight ( over 100lbs) is not possible. didnt happen :)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                imposable. the bodyweight loss is possible if you are VERY sick and just didnt eat a thing. but the increase in bf % while losing that much weight ( over 100lbs) is not possible. didnt happen :)

I was wondering the same thing. That's a severe illness to lose that much weight, but the drastic change in BF%?

Comment

I seem to get really sick for about a month every year - this time around it came from stress and crap like that so it's stuck around almost two months. Nothing the doctor has given me has helped - I haven't worked out in just as long and have lost almost 20 pounds - can't wait to shake this sh*t :(

Comment

Working...
                  X