running hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running hills

Yesterday we ran up some big ass steep hills. My legs had so much lactic acid built up in them I could not even lift them. Of coarse I had the normal wanna throw up but the Lactic acid was un-bareable.
    What can I do for this? do I just need to keep running the hills?
    I know you guys dont wanna hear this but I am gonna stop doing squats and leg presses. In hopes for my legs to get smaller and more efficient.

just keep doing it. your body will adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      just keep doing it. your body will adjust.
      I kinda though that but wasnt sure!
      How many days in between can I rest? I was thinking if I ran them every 3-4 days? 1 time per week would be best. lol

Comment

....and drink lots of water!

Comment

Yeah you got to keep doing it, and don't just jump in to the deep end of the pool I would first jog up that hill for a few days and increase the speed gradually and sprint up that fucker couple of weeks later. :D

And here is a good read about lactic acid I posted this couple years ago. :)

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...ng-lactic-acid

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
            Yesterday we ran up some big ass steep hills. My legs had so much lactic acid built up in them I could not even lift them. Of coarse I had the normal wanna throw up but the Lactic acid was un-bareable.
            What can I do for this? do I just need to keep running the hills?
            I know you guys dont wanna hear this but I am gonna stop doing squats and leg presses. In hopes for my legs to get smaller and more efficient.
            apparently the supplement Beta Alanine will help blunt lactic acid buildup.

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
              Yeah you got to keep doing it, and don't just jump in to the deep end of the pool I would first jog up that hill for a few days and increase the speed gradually and sprint up that fucker couple of weeks later. :D

And here is a good read about lactic acid I posted this couple years ago. :)

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...ng-lactic-acid
              good info thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
                apparently the supplement Beta Alanine will help blunt lactic acid buildup.
                I have been using this for a few months. Have not noticed any help with lactic acid. It does make me tingley in my face.

Comment

Running hills sucks balls bro. But it is damn good for ya. Really helps your cardio. Not much you can do about the lactic acid build up. Seems the more you do it, the less build up you get. Like your muscles get more efficient at using atp and glycogen and releases less lactic acid from it. Drink more water to stay really hydrated to help the body flush out lactic acid better.

Comment

Did anyone read the link I posted? according to the latest research lactic acid has nothing to do with the way muscles feel.

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
                      Did anyone read the link I posted? according to the latest research lactic acid has nothing to do with the way muscles feel.
                      Ya I read it but it didnt help me with my question.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                        Ya I read it but it didnt help me with my question.
                        let me rephrase that...Besides Rocket did anyone read the link I posted? lol:rofl:
                        Oh and I did answer your question what I said was keep doing it and your body will adjust in no time.:D

Comment

I read the article but they make it seem like lactic acid is a fuel which isn't totally correct. The mitochondria makes atp when oxygen levels are sufficient. When oxygen levels are not sufficient, like during anaerobic or high stress exercises like sprints, then the mitochondria cannot create enough atp to fuel the muscle. The mitochondria must then break down glucose into atp. But using this method of glycolysis yields 2 atp molecules and 2 pyruvic acid molecules.

The pyruvic acid can be used to create more atp within the mitochondria as long as there is enough oxygen, but if there isn't enough, then the pyruvic acid gets converted into lactic acid which puts hyrdogen ions and lactate ions into the body which lowers the ph balance which alters the function of key enzymes in the body.

Lactic acid can be converted back to pyruvic if there is enough oxygen in the muscles. This doesn't happen in an hour like that article says. It depends on how much aerobic activity your muscles are used to. Muscles that have been trained aerobically have higher oxygen levels. So technically running the hills more will get your legs more accustomed to aerobic activity rather than the anaerobic activity like lifting weights, which should help create less lactic acid and help convert more lactic acid back to pyruvic acid.

Comment

wow you have used the beta-alalnine and it didn't help. .I love that stuff....It brings my training to a new level on it.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake View Post
                              I read the article but they make it seem like lactic acid is a fuel which isn't totally correct. The mitochondria makes atp when oxygen levels are sufficient. When oxygen levels are not sufficient, like during anaerobic or high stress exercises like sprints, then the mitochondria cannot create enough atp to fuel the muscle. The mitochondria must then break down glucose into atp. But using this method of glycolysis yields 2 atp molecules and 2 pyruvic acid molecules.

The pyruvic acid can be used to create more atp within the mitochondria as long as there is enough oxygen, but if there isn't enough, then the pyruvic acid gets converted into lactic acid which puts hyrdogen ions and lactate ions into the body which lowers the ph balance which alters the function of key enzymes in the body.

Lactic acid can be converted back to pyruvic if there is enough oxygen in the muscles. This doesn't happen in an hour like that article says. It depends on how much aerobic activity your muscles are used to. Muscles that have been trained aerobically have higher oxygen levels. So technically running the hills more will get your legs more accustomed to aerobic activity rather than the anaerobic activity like lifting weights, which should help create less lactic acid and help convert more lactic acid back to pyruvic acid.
                              Holy shit what the hell did you just say?:wacko:
                              Just messing bro, You sound very smart on this subject. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X