My gym soldout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gym soldout

I cannot believe it happened. My gym sold out to planet fitness (gayness) The gym I went to was awesome it had it all, any weight dumbell you ever needed
    prolly 10 thousand pounds in plates and it was fully focused on bodybuilding/competitive lifting, it reminded me of gyms I saw on videos with arnold in them. It had all good people in it and if someone came to the gym that was a wierdo the people working out made fun of them so bad they left, it was always the perfect atmosphere to workout in. The guy that owned it didnt workout and was a real wierdo and bought into the planet fitness franchise and got rid of all the weight so all the big guys would leave, so fat asses would not feel uncomfortable at the gym even though they just buy memberships and never go neways. I learned so much in that gym from the people in there. I will never forget some guy in there prolly 6' weighing in at 260 prolly 8% BF basically he was huge I remember when he benched 500lbs it was intense everyone in the gym stopped what they where doin and cheered him on that place was great. It was a real inspiring moment. Oh well I guess all good things come to an end.

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
    I cannot believe it happened. My gym sold out to planet fitness (gayness) The gym I went to was awesome it had it all, any weight dumbell you ever needed
    prolly 10 thousand pounds in plates and it was fully focused on bodybuilding/competitive lifting, it reminded me of gyms I saw on videos with arnold in them. It had all good people in it and if someone came to the gym that was a wierdo the people working out made fun of them so bad they left, it was always the perfect atmosphere to workout in. The guy that owned it didnt workout and was a real wierdo and bought into the planet fitness franchise and got rid of all the weight so all the big guys would leave, so fat asses would not feel uncomfortable at the gym even though they just buy memberships and never go neways. I learned so much in that gym from the people in there. I will never forget some guy in there prolly 6' weighing in at 260 prolly 8% BF basically he was huge I remember when he benched 500lbs it was intense everyone in the gym stopped what they where doin and cheered him on that place was great. It was a real inspiring moment. Oh well I guess all good things come to an end.
    sucks bro, just go where the other big dudes go.

Comment

haha I work out at a planet fitness...its at least nice being the biggerst guy there at 220 pounds, lol

Comment

Sorry to hear it. If the family-owned gym I go to every closed up shop, I'd be forced to work out at either the YMCA or a shitty chain gym that is just like Planet Fitness. I think I'd cry.

Comment

Well all the big guys moved over to a local gold's gyms but it is such a far drive and I heard way more bad things then good. luckily my college has a pretty nice setup at it, and the nice thing is it is not where athletes from the college train so you dont really have to worry about it being packed with people. After I get out of college maybe I will purchase my own weights.

And stonecold how do u stay that big, the planet fitness here only goes up to 60 lb dumbells and the rest is just machines.

Comment

Well all the big guys moved over to a local gold's gyms but it is such a far drive and I heard way more bad things then good. luckily my college has a pretty nice setup at it, and the nice thing is it is not where athletes from the college train so you dont really have to worry about it being packed with people. After I get out of college maybe I will purchase my own weights.

And stonecold how do u stay that big, the planet fitness here only goes up to 60 lb dumbells and the rest is just machines.
            i would go to the golds. you need atmosphere to train. you need people to "compete" with and chase after. you are going to have no drive at the college gym where "no athletes train at" (that says it all.)

purchasing your own weights and training by yourself is a mistake also. go where the big guys are.

Comment

My uncle used to train at a Golds Gym in the late 70's and all the 80's in Northern Virginia.

He went a few years back and hated everything. He was really pissed and till this day he will never set his foot in Golds Gym.

Comment

did they keep the equipment? If not, see if they are selling it and snatch some up

Comment

I didnt mean that by no real thletes, I meant it isnt filled with cross-country runners doing bycycle kicks on the benches lol. There are a good amount of big kids in there and i almost feel even more competitive cuz they are my age.

Yeah I wanted to buy the 50-150lbs dumbells, they had like the perfect size grip and I was just used to using them. The guy wanted .75 per pound so I didnt have the money to burn while in college

Comment

I didnt mean that by no real thletes, I meant it isnt filled with cross-country runners doing bycycle kicks on the benches lol. There are a good amount of big kids in there and i almost feel even more competitive cuz they are my age.

Yeah I wanted to buy the 50-150lbs dumbells, they had like the perfect size grip and I was just used to using them. The guy wanted .75 per pound so I didnt have the money to burn while in college
                    ah, well then that sounds like an ok gym.

Comment

the planet fitness here only goes up to 60 lb dumbells
                      SIXTIES??? THAT'S ALL!!!

Holy Shit....I thought the Premiere Fitness here was pathetic because they only go up to 100's

that planet fitness isn't a gym....it's a goddamned country club!

Comment

200lb db's at my gym!

though nobody uses them. they are just to ackward to use. very wide etc.. i could do shrugs etc.. with them but the chance of injury while picking them up is to great.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          200lb db's at my gym!

though nobody uses them. they are just to ackward to use. very wide etc.. i could do shrugs etc.. with them but the chance of injury while picking them up is to great.
                          The YMCA where i work out has those 200 lb to 130 lbs dbs under the DB rack cause noboby wants to chance loosing a finger putting them on the rack.

Comment

most college gyms suck and your not going to be all that motivated

Comment

Working...
                            X