500 lb bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 lb bench

well its been a while since i benched 500 lbs . my max is 600 lbs . i dont bench very often so i figure i would throw it in this week -

inclines - 315 x20 - 315 x 15 - 405 x 8 with a dropset

then i went onto bench

315 x 10 - 405 x 8 then put on 500 got 1 went for 2 and couldnt get past my sticking point on second so my partner got some bent over rows in lol - pulled plates - 405 x 3 - 315 x 3 - 225 till i could no longer move it

then went on to flys and dips

not bad for not benching in a long time - will do dumbells next week then barbell week after . i will keep rotating that way for a while now

just cause your a mod now doesnt mean you have to show off :P

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
      just cause your a mod now doesnt mean you have to show off :P
      :rofl:

Comment

pretty impressive bro. i haven't done flat bench in a year or so. DB's feel better for me. bench always hurts my shoulders for some reason.

Comment

600lbs - that's awesome :party:

Comment

not bad, ive been on 418lbs on flat and 396lbs on incline for last few months and im pretty pleased with myself. usually 4 sets total for each 6-8 reps plus warm up set and i do that once a week. Pretty good effort considering you havnt benched for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              pretty impressive bro. i haven't done flat bench in a year or so. DB's feel better for me. bench always hurts my shoulders for some reason.
              bouncer i dont flat bench much . its overrated but is good to throw in once in a while just for a change

Comment

wow, I could only dream, saying that all my injuries have come from flat bench, and most people that I know so I don't bother with it.

I'm more impressed with the 405 for reps than the 500lb for 1 to be honest but you clearly have insane power on bench

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  wow, I could only dream, saying that all my injuries have come from flat bench, and most people that I know so I don't bother with it.

I'm more impressed with the 405 for reps than the 500lb for 1 to be honest but you clearly have insane power on bench
                  What injuries have you had? Are you a tall guy?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                    What injuries have you had? Are you a tall guy?
                    5'11''

torn left pec
                    damaged ligament left shoulder

I generally do dumbells on slight incline, then go to incline barbell press or incline barbell press then move to dumbells or flat bench but not too heavy

The point is I know I am stronger than the weight I dare use on flat bench whereas on inclind I can be more confident of not getting injured.

I also think that too much flat bench gives my chest a bad look, sticks out at the lower and shows a weak upper comparatively, I prefer to focus on the uper with inclines

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      same here. I eliminated flat bench from my routine because of pain in my left shoulder. I usually do decline or db presses instead.

Funny thing is that I can lift alot more with decline presses than bench.

Wanted to ask, how beneficial is decline compared to flat bench? Just the pain of flat that kills me.

Comment

bigscott you are 1 strong bb'lder!

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE View Post
                          same here. I eliminated flat bench from my routine because of pain in my left shoulder. I usually do decline or db presses instead.

Funny thing is that I can lift alot more with decline presses than bench.

Wanted to ask, how beneficial is decline compared to flat bench? Just the pain of flat that kills me.
                          they say the bp is terrible on the shoulder joint / stability especially when you are doiint hte the "bodybuilder" grip. kenisiolgists are trying to retrain ppl on how to bench with the elbows in "powerlifters" grip. when you use dbs your elbows you naturally keep your elbows closer to your body.... they are already in.

in b's case its just the fact he is using such heavy weight.

Comment

Working...
                          X