My forearm training..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My forearm training..

Over the past two weeks I have been training forearms 3x a week. I switch it up every time, but its always something that hits both sides. For example, reverse curls and then wrist curls with a BB behind my back.

Today I really started to notice a fuller firmer feeling. (Probably has a lot to do with the blood in there from the constant lifts, but it still feels like progress)

I really need to keep this up because my forearms have always been like toothpicks and it just doesnt look good. So besides the two obvious benefits, (a better look, and better grip strength), what other benefits could come from this?

I know the body always likes homeostasis. So is it possible that my bi/tri growth was stunted because i never hit my forearms like i needed to?

Another thing, my seat shoulder press on the smith machine was a little stronger today, and i havent changed a thing with shoulders. any possibility that some new forearm strenghth my push lifts will get stronger?

forearms usually grow because they are used in almost everything you do. i doubt it contributed to any strength gain.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      forearms usually grow because they are used in almost everything you do. i doubt it contributed to any strength gain.
      Well they are definately a huge weak point for me. I mean, I'm not exactly jacked everywhere else, but my forearms look like straws most days.

Maybe they didnt help me this quick. But I would hope with the extra effort I'll put into em, they'll help me out in the long run.

Comment

Here is a forearm exercise that I do that has given me great results, note you can only do it if you have big hands, I hold the bar in front of me and release my grip till just the tips of my fingers are holding the bar then I tighten my grip back up it has increased my grip strength as well as increased the size of my forearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
          Here is a forearm exercise that I do that has given me great results, note you can only do it if you have big hands, I hold the bar in front of me and release my grip till just the tips of my fingers are holding the bar then I tighten my grip back up it has increased my grip strength as well as increased the size of my forearms.
          I have bitch hands but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Comment

Grinder I don't understand how why you train forearms 3 times a week. I can understand 1-2.
            To get strength and size on forearms, what works for me is going heavy on arm's and back.

Every since i started to do bigger back movements, my forearms grew and got great fuckin grip.

Try shrugging 100lb+ dumbells. SHIT FEELS GOOD.

Comment

If you use straps when lifting then stop now.... Doing heavy compound exercises without lifting straps will give most people strong/thick forearms....

3 times a week sounds like too much but different things work for different people.... I would think that working your forearms once a week heavy would be better since they are such a small muscle, but try different things and you will find something that works

Comment

I have always gone as heavy as possible for me with my pull movements. I RARELY use straps. Only on a heavy day with deadlifts will I use straps. (Because my back benefits from it.) But most of the time I'm doing S.L. deadlifts and I don't use them.

I don't know, my forearms are SHIT compared to every thing else, which I'm sure is genetics. Basically, what I was doing wasnt working, so now I'm switching it up and hitting forearms by themselves. I can tell myself all day long that heavy rows and pull movements SHOULD make my forearms grow, but in reality they don't. So lets see how it goes. Different strokes for different folks right?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                  Well they are definately a huge weak point for me. I mean, I'm not exactly jacked everywhere else, but my forearms look like straws most days.

Maybe they didnt help me this quick. But I would hope with the extra effort I'll put into em, they'll help me out in the long run.
                  My arms look like twigs on a snowman! Damn twigs! I'd sale my soul to the Devil to have forearms like "Popeye!" LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X