this is not possible,right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not possible,right?

isnt it not possible to train a specific side of your abs,such as left and right because the erectus abdominus is 1 big muscle? i only ask because the right side "appears" more apparent then the left and i was making sure its not due to crunches but rather genetics and other factors.any thoughts appreciated

Originally posted by 3rdCoast View Post
    isnt it not possible to train a specific side of your abs,such as left and right because the erectus abdominus is 1 big muscle? i only ask because the right side "appears" more apparent then the left and i was making sure its not due to crunches but rather genetics and other factors.any thoughts appreciated
    u are talking about the "six pack" structure right? one side is more defined? I have the same thing and I can feel it when I do abs...my left side contracts first on a crunch. I have to make a slight adjustment in my torso position and it corrects itself.

Comment

see,i thought about the lower abs and upper abs so the theory that it was 1 large muscle didnt make complete sense. but yes,my right side stands out so much more on the "6 pack look" How do you build up the other side to make it even?or should i just live with the fact that after busting my ass for so long to make them visible that i am just going to have a different sized abs like my biceps?...what a disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoast View Post
        see,i thought about the lower abs and upper abs so the theory that it was 1 large muscle didnt make complete sense. but yes,my right side stands out so much more on the "6 pack look" How do you build up the other side to make it even?or should i just live with the fact that after busting my ass for so long to make them visible that i am just going to have a different sized abs like my biceps?...what a disappointment
        does it feel uneven when you contract the muscle in a normal situp position? that is why i wrote that when I "Crunch" i have to shift my torso over an inch or so to get an even contraction. in time that should even out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
          does it feel uneven when you contract the muscle in a normal situp position? that is why i wrote that when I "Crunch" i have to shift my torso over an inch or so to get an even contraction. in time that should even out.

see that is the thing,it feels completely normal,just one side is much more developed..i thought about leaning more on my right side and doing most of my ab work pulling with the left side but i dont want to over do it and im not even sure it would be effective

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
            u are talking about the "six pack" structure right? one side is more defined? I have the same thing and I can feel it when I do abs...my left side contracts first on a crunch. I have to make a slight adjustment in my torso position and it corrects itself.
            Same here!

Comment

Working...
            X