check this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check this

hey, i have taken a while off from a lot of the major compound movements and done a lot of dumbbell work and basically a bodybuilding type of routine for the last few months, even though i lifted pretty heavy during that time. Well I decided to take a break form that and move back into sort of a strength routine again and have incorporated the major lifts back into my routine (yes i know i never should have removed in the first place). Well anyway i just came up with a three day split and i wanna see what you all think of it. In another post i posted my stats but, i guss i'll do it again. IM about 6-2, 165 lbs and lanky as fuc.k with long legs and arms. My diet is so so but im workin on improving that. The routine is basically mwf with minimal amount of cardio and abs on two of the offdays, probably thurs and sunday. So here it is, any advice would be appreciated.

monday - squats, stiff leg deadlifts, calf raises
    wed - incline bench, military, pull ups
    friday - deadlifts, good mornings, shrugs

why do you want to train for strength? do you play a sport or plan on competing in a powerlifting competition? the reason I say this is that most guys would rather look like they could bench 500 pounds than actually do it. when I train I try to use the least amount of weight possible while getting the most growth I can. this means used higher intesity variables and achieving really good contractions while lifting. I have never seen the point in being strong in a certain lifts and looking like crap (not that you do) or being strong in certain lifts and just getting hurt from it. If you want my advice I mix up compound movements with isolation exercises in all my workouts.

Comment

Looks workable to me, still don't know why you insist on doing deads and goodmornings in the same workout though. I also agree with stonecold as to adding some iso movements. Here's a suggestion though:

Mon: Deads, Pull-ups, shrugs
      Wed: Inc. bench, military, curls of some kind, extensions of some kind
      Fri: Squats, SLDL's, calf raises

I switched up the order for a reason. First you want as much time between Squats and Deads as your split will allow, that means one is on Mon and the other on Fri. They both put an extreme amount of stress on your entire body and haveing them close togeather can lead to overtraining. I put back all togeather and infront of any day you do bi's. You don't want to do back work if your bi's are burnt out. A general rule is to go from the largest muscle to the smallest so you don't get burnt out on the small one's and lift less on the big one's because of it (if that made sense).

Finally, I'm still a big fan of the alternate exercises rotating each week, it gives you the opportunity for more variation. But go with what you got and see what happens, it may work great for you, if not then try try again. Good luck.

cm5

Comment

Working...
      X