Training and Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training and Soccer

Hey everyone. i have been training on a 6 days split for as long as i remember. 2 days on 1 day off and its been working pretty well for me. I just recently started up playing soccer again and i am taking a class at a my school to prepare myself with the cardio i will need to try out and play a full game on the school team. Oh man i havent ran like this for years but i love it :thumup:

now i need a little help. i have continued my 2 day on 1 day off lifting with no change. still go hard even on days of practice even on leg days (mistake lmao)... i practice tues-thurs 530-8 pm. intense cardio and conditioning.

my question is what do u guys recommend i should rearrange my lifting schedule or you think its good as is? of course i can do tues wed thurs practice no lifting. friday sat sunday monday lift. need some advice. all opinions are welcome! thanks!

as it is or move your leg day.

If your less bothered about weights now you could cut down to basics only and do 3 days a week

Comment

What are your goals in the gym?

Comment

thanks for the advice mr incredible.

shibby- my goals in the gym as of now are to gain lean mass. i still try to lift hard and big. i just want to be a beefcake ahaha.

i know with all the cardio involved in soccer i might be burning some muscle in the process but i have no problem with that.

Comment

With all that training your goals seem a little incompatible. But as long as you are aware the lean mass might plateau then there won't be any surprises or frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
            Hey everyone. i have been training on a 6 days split for as long as i remember. 2 days on 1 day off and its been working pretty well for me. I just recently started up playing soccer again and i am taking a class at a my school to prepare myself with the cardio i will need to try out and play a full game on the school team. Oh man i havent ran like this for years but i love it :thumup:

now i need a little help. i have continued my 2 day on 1 day off lifting with no change. still go hard even on days of practice even on leg days (mistake lmao)... i practice tues-thurs 530-8 pm. intense cardio and conditioning.

my question is what do u guys recommend i should rearrange my lifting schedule or you think its good as is? of course i can do tues wed thurs practice no lifting. friday sat sunday monday lift. need some advice. all opinions are welcome! thanks!
            I would do your weight training on the days you dont train cardio .

Comment

Why dont you try a type of strength bias HIIT. Better endocrinic response than traditional weightlifting.

Comment

Working...
              X