Anyone Run here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Run here?

I'm not asking runners that do the ocasional gym session, I'm talking about bodybuilders, do you ever run.

I been feeling a little sluggish lately and lacking stamina. So heving trained back and hams yesterday, today I warmed up and ran for 2 miles on the treadmill, slowing to walk pace for 400m's or so after each KM. Once finished I did leg extensions and then front squats before my workout got cut short.

I want to cut some weight and feel more mobile again but I sure as hell don't wanna go below 225lbs or something so I'm gonna start running again, not long distance shit, just HIT 3km's jog, walk, run, walk, sprint, walk type thing.

Anyone else do this, I know Stonecold54 was

Originally posted by rado
    So running to me comes natural...
    illegal alien :D

Comment

I can run 5 miles at about 8 mn pace...
      BULLSHIT

Comment

I do at times...I would rather run than do cardio on a machine...I can run 4-5 miles at about 8-9mn pace...I use to run x-country in h-school...So running to me comes natural...
        So you can run just "at times" and go about 5 miles in 30 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          I'm not asking runners that do the ocasional gym session, I'm talking about bodybuilders, do you ever run.

I been feeling a little sluggish lately and lacking stamina. So heving trained back and hams yesterday, today I warmed up and ran for 2 miles on the treadmill, slowing to walk pace for 400m's or so after each KM. Once finished I did leg extensions and then front squats before my workout got cut short.

I want to cut some weight and feel more mobile again but I sure as hell don't wanna go below 225lbs or something so I'm gonna start running again, not long distance shit, just HIT 3km's jog, walk, run, walk, sprint, walk type thing.

I guess you woldn't call me a bodybuilder, but I run. I currently will run outside for about 30 minutes or so. I don't know the pace all that well, but I will run a 7-8 min mile on a tredmil. So, I would guess the pace, realistically, is mroe like 9 minute mile outside.

I also ---> walk - sprint - jog - sprint - walk in cycles for about 50 minutes on a tredmil or outside.

Comment

I have just started running again. Been running everyday for the last two weeks. Trying to cut bodyfat before i start my drol.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
              I have just started running again. Been running everyday for the last two weeks. Trying to cut bodyfat before i start my drol.
              you gonna run drol by itself? :disagree:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                you gonna run drol by itself? :disagree:
                nah will run test with it. I was considering running it by itself at first and then just continuing with test when the drol was done.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                  was considering running it by itself at and then just continuing with test when the drol was done.
                  Bouncer?

Comment

yeah i prefer running even though I HATE IT lol. it actually makes my knees feel better than normal rather than doing steady state activity in a gym which seems to aggravate them. but I also do the run-walk-run-walk method. I always have to watch for my shins so they don't get aggravated.

Comment

i run... usually after i call my wife fat

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post

I run all the time. I do all kinds of weird shit though Every once in awhile I will just jog but mostly its all kinds of stuff to kill my lungs.
                        If your run consistant and hard you will watch the lbs fall off. I have a hard time keeping my weight at 230 when training for a fight. Normaly im 240-250
                        My last fight I was only 229 and I was eatting carbs like crazy. 2 weeks after still eating halfway clean just no running or training and im already 237.
                        well I did have about 5 cheat days in the last 2 weeks,lol.

Comment

I run for work, thats the extent of it. I pretty much have too. I'd rather do 60-120's than run 4 miles. HIIT seems to be the thing in cardio.

Comment

thing is Arnie ran, Flex Wheeler ran, Jonny jackson also none ran along way but just shows some do. I kinda want to run for the sake of it, not long just like 2 miles 3 x a week before or after training

Comment

I used to run 1 mile 3 times a week before my lifting session.

I still did cardio twice a week for 40min. I got good results, just a lot of definition in my legs and calves.

Running is a great cardio and you will shed off fat and bring your weight down. I need to get back into running.

Comment

Working...
                              X