Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good or bad?

So, I've noticed quite a bit of weight loss as of late, and wanted to get your thoughts/ opinions on what I'm attributing it to...

I've been eating almost a competitors diet- but only 4 meals. But, as far as my training goes- I go to the gym & do weights...I either do like a drop set workout, or heavy weights with a minute on the bike in between sets. Both methods I do to keep my heart rate high. So, I'll do the workout, and then like 10-15 min on the eliptical. I then go home (15 min drive), and immediately take the dogs on a run/ fast walk for another 20 minutes. I've never really been a runner, but I'm wondering if you all think this new, accelerated weight can be attributed to the running.

I was thinking that in the 15-20 min it takes me to get home, that that would even out my heart rate again, or does it stay elevated for a longer period?

sounds like your more active then in the past and the weight is coming off. that's a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
      So, I've noticed quite a bit of weight loss as of late, and wanted to get your thoughts/ opinions on what I'm attributing it to...

I've been eating almost a competitors diet- but only 4 meals. But, as far as my training goes- I go to the gym & do weights...I either do like a drop set workout, or heavy weights with a minute on the bike in between sets. Both methods I do to keep my heart rate high. So, I'll do the workout, and then like 10-15 min on the eliptical. I then go home (15 min drive), and immediately take the dogs on a run/ fast walk for another 20 minutes. I've never really been a runner, but I'm wondering if you all think this new, accelerated weight can be attributed to the running.

I was thinking that in the 15-20 min it takes me to get home, that that would even out my heart rate again, or does it stay elevated for a longer period?
      WOW! very active. :D
      In that 15-20 mins of drive time your heart rate will come down but your body doesn't stop burning the calories. You body will stay in that fat burning zone for a while, what you are doing is simply giving your body a slightly longer interval before your next cardio work out which IMO makes your body a more efficent fat burning machine.:thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
        In that 15-20 mins of drive time your heart rate will come down but your body doesn't stop burning the calories. You body will stay in that fat burning zone for a while, what you are doing is simply giving your body a slightly longer interval before your next cardio work out which IMO makes your body a more efficent fat burning machine.:thumup:
        YAY! See, I thought that since my heart rate was getting back to normal in that drive time, that it would be another 18-20 minutes before I got my body back into fat burning mode. COOL! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
          I agee 100% get a HR monitor that shows your cals and for a good 30 min after your cardio it will still burn cals pretty fast. Maybe even longer but I have only watched it for 30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post

I started a friend on a workout program like this. I turn my treadmill on let him do a set of weights and get on the treadmill at a fast walk as fast as he can walk. then 1 min do another set. He likes it and i wanna pick up the intensity next with joging and walking everyother set. The goal would to get him to jog everytime while still keeping his strength up for the weights.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
              I started a friend on a workout program like this. I turn my treadmill on let him do a set of weights and get on the treadmill at a fast walk as fast as he can walk. then 1 min do another set. He likes it and i wanna pick up the intensity next with joging and walking everyother set. The goal would to get him to jog everytime while still keeping his strength up for the weights.
              sounds like my old football / boxing training deals.

Comment

Working...
              X