My training designed by IFBB pro--16 weeks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My training designed by IFBB pro--16 weeks out

16 weeks out (4 weeks ago) my coach, who is an IFBB pro had me do the following:

Mon: Back
    24-28 sets
    Abs
    8 sets

Tues: Chest
    20 sets
    Calves
    8 sets

Wed: Arms
    16 sets for biceps
    16 sets for triceps

Thur: Shoulders
    20 sets for delts
    8 sets for traps

Friday: Legs
    24-28 sets Quads/Hams combined

Sat: Rest, sleep lots

Sun: Rest, sleep lots

No cardio other than 5 minute warmup
    Stretch after cardio for 10 minutes

My coach says cardio is over rated. My anxiety is through the roof since Im not doing cardio but we'll throw it in soon. Note the high volume; over the last 10 years that I have trained I have tried every split imaginable; push/pull/legs, low volume, high volume, 1 bodypart per week, 2 bodyparts per week...the above has been getting me extremely sore. Considering the source I'm not going to question...just run the race.

I dont do very well on cardio either. I get flat and my body tends to use my muscle on fuel. I do much better on a strict diet with no cardio. I look fuller and I maintain the size.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      I dont do very well on cardio either. I get flat and my body tends to use my muscle on fuel. I do much better on a strict diet with no cardio. I look fuller and I maintain the size.
      Interesting;

How would you describe your body type? Endo, meso, ecto?

Comment

i assume your weak points are your back and chest since they are first in your rotation ??

by the way just because its setup by a pro doesnt mean shit ... i am watching 2 different guys completely destroy there overall look following so called pros diet , training and drug programs ---- pissing away alot of money in the process

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post

by the way just because its setup by a pro doesnt mean shit
          exactly.

Comment

i assume your weak points are your back and chest since they are first in your rotation ??

by the way just because its setup by a pro doesnt mean shit ... i am watching 2 different guys completely destroy there overall look following so called pros diet , training and drug programs ---- pissing away alot of money in the process
            I did my own diet, training, and supp reg for the last three shows. 2 shows I placed. I figured it would be of benefit to get a third eye. I've never had a coach. I don't see the harm. Then again, I don't pay for his time? So far the little changes have been positive. As you can see, the diet, training and supp regimine are all fairly conservative IMO.

No feedback?

Comment

If you are competing - have competed - I'm guessing your size / diet is plenty for that type of set volume, it just seems like an awful lot. But if you've been in the game, tried what you've tried and this is showing results - let the results be your guide.

Comment

The volume almost looks like that of a J Cutler workout and I guess you must be runin some serious AAS and GH with that. Personally I'm not sure about doing chest, arms, shoulders in succession, seems tris would get a beatdown and the shoulders themselves might get sore in the ligaments

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  The volume almost looks like that of a J Cutler workout and I guess you must be runin some serious AAS and GH with that. Personally I'm not sure about doing chest, arms, shoulders in succession, seems tris would get a beatdown and the shoulders themselves might get sore in the ligaments

My thinking also. Arms get so much indirect work in the first two days. But as long as you are getting results :thumup:

Comment

Well training stay similar through the last week out of the show. The last two weeks before the show, the leg routine switched to:

7 sets of extensions
                    7 sets of leg curls
                    7 sets of db lunges

Surprisingly did not lose too much size on the legs using this. Although he was not my direct coach; this routine came from George Farah.

Cheers.

Comment

I see. For me the biggest help of having an ifbb pro coach was the third eye, and BRUTAL honesty on what needed work and how to achieve the goals. This pro is a friend of mine and didn't charge, nor does he charge most of his clients.

Comment

how are you looking

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                          how are you looking
                          Not too good. Much room for improvement. Currently 6' 230lbs. Fatskinny ;)

(small muscles and soft)

Comment

Working...
                          X