Serious question on legs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question on legs...

Ok my legs are lagging big time compared tomy upper body. My upper body is huge compared to my lower body. The thing is I wasnt doing squats before only heavy leg presses but noticed no change in the size of my legs. Now I bought this new bench with around 500 pounds of olympic size plates, and the rack come with a squat rack which now I could squat.

This is the question,Iknow heavy reps and sets will increase my leg size but can Idothem 2 times a week tosee more drastic changes. WHt if I lay off my upper body for a while ad just focus on my lower ody. I serioulsy want huge wheels.

There is no way I could take doing legs twice a week. As it is I do the before an off day. When I finish my leg workout I feel like puking and have trouble walking out of the gym.

Legs are a large muscle group that get used often (walking, standing) so they lake longer to recover. IMO there is now way you could or should have any less than 5 days between working them out.

Comment

I wouldnt go twice a week. Make sure and change up alot. Dont forget lunges, they kill my legs. Supersets could help.

Comment

my legs are like a birds but they are coming along nicely i do heavy squats first 4 sets then do leg extensions and do 3 drop sets starting with the rack and going down then superseting it with leg curls and doing drop sets on them.. then i do dumbell lunges onto a box i have gained almost an inch in circumference doing this routine i always tske 2 days off after to recover and brother you will need it.

Comment

Suqats once a week. No more than once every 7 days. I like 7 day lifting cylces because it keeps my weeks consistant. I always know what Monday (or anyday of the week for that matter) will be.

Don't forget full range deadlifts. They will hit your legs pretty hard too.

-Sub.

Comment

Working...
          X