Leg development without Ass development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg development without Ass development

Is there a way to train quads and hams without involving too much of the butt, i seeing a little growth in my quads, but im definately am seeing results in my ass! and I don't need it to get any longer. any workout/technique suggestions.

ok, i was wonder about the smith-machine stuff, my Gym doesn't have a smith-machine (please be kind...its not great but its FREE) but can i just place my feet far beneath me on the hack-squat?

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
      you could also focus on leg extensions and leg curls and forget about any type of squat. at least that way you'll be able to define your quads and hams without much glute involvement.
      I agree.
      And by ajusting the angle of you feet (toes pointed in, straight up, or out) you can put stress on differant parts of the quad.

Comment

When doing squats keep in mind that the lower you go the more your ass will develop, therefore the key is not to squat so deep,but to go down deep enough just to blast your quads.

Comment

Originally posted by New_Mass
          When doing squats keep in mind that the lower you go the more your ass will develop, therefore the key is not to squat so deep,but to go down deep enough just to blast your quads.
          Agreed. Staying above parallel will remove much of the stress on the hams and glutes. Still, I don't know if squatting lower really makes your glutes bigger so much as it makes them "squarer" (if that makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Cogar
            Agreed. Staying above parallel will remove much of the stress on the hams and glutes. Still, I don't know if squatting lower really makes your glutes bigger so much as it makes them "squarer" (if that makes sense).
            I would say "both" Cogar. Where there is stimulation then there is growth, growth= fuller/mass and shapier/square or oval.

Comment

Originally posted by New_Mass
              This is also a great way to tear up your patella tendon. I have the same problem with traditional squats and that is why I don't do them any more. King moose I would bet you are over six feet tall. When you perform traditional squats and you are tall you have to bend over more to balance the weight on your back, this brings in you glutes and subsequently over develops them. I would suggest hack squats. That way you can still use a complete range of motion which is ideal for overall leg development and not have to bend over to balance the weight so the pressure is on you quads and not your glutes and lower back.

Comment

Working...
              X