drop sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop sets

I am trying to come up with some different ways to train for this next cycle i'm bout to run and thinking about some old tricks I used to do. Thing is I don't really know how much or how often to do this without getting in to over training. Something like this: Chest day, last set of bench presses put on a weight I can hit for 10 reps, my homeys strip off some weight rep out til failure, strip more weight rep out til failure, and so on until I get down to about 185 lbs is what i'm thinking. Move on to pec deck same thing 3-4 sets on the last set 10 reps and drop the weight every set and rep out til failure. How often can you do something like this every chest day or once a week or what? i will be on sust and winny when I start this just trying to be intense. I've also been thinking about the old pause / press thing or whatever you call it. Last set rack the weight count to 10, reps til failure, count to 10, reps til failure for 3 times. Like i said trying to throw some intensity into my workout

throwing dropsets in every few weeks is fine but doing them everyday will lead to overtraining and burnout and become counter productive .. don't over think stuff bro .. simple and basic will always get the job done

Comment

Ok so what about high volume workouts? Like i said I'm gonna run winny with the sust and the stuff really builds my endurance I can go forever it seems. Think I should bump up my sets a little more?

Comment

I love doing drop sets. Like bigscott said, do them every once in a while.

Comment

Do it once a month and yea you can add a couple extra sets to your workout but not to much

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
            Ok so what about high volume workouts? Like i said I'm gonna run winny with the sust and the stuff really builds my endurance I can go forever it seems. Think I should bump up my sets a little more?
            you dont need to up your sets just increase your rep range . instead of 10 reps do 15 reps with as heavy a weight you can do for a good set !!! i like heavy to moderate weight with 10 to 15 rep range

Comment

I do all my sets 12-15 reps until final set - that's when I implement a sort of home made dogg crapp style of training and it blows up that muscle big time !!! Using static stretching w/weights after heavy 4-6 range drop sets seem to really fill up the muscle with blood.

This is just what works for me - but good luck brother.

Comment

Working...
              X