Training Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Chest

Do you think twice a week is too much for chest? I want my chest to grow. I hit it on mondays, and have been doing it only once a week for about 18months. I was thinking about doing it Mon. and Thurs. I am never sore, and pretty much always on gear. I am afraid of over traing. I train with a top National NPC competitor, and he says once a week only...u need time to grow and rest, but he is huge, and I am a newbie. What do you think?

I would not train twice a week. Change your workout around and up your intensity. Being sore is not the end all tell all.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Re: Training Chest

Originally posted by IAMHUGE
        Do you think twice a week is too much for chest? I want my chest to grow. I hit it on mondays, and have been doing it only once a week for about 18months. I was thinking about doing it Mon. and Thurs. I am never sore, and pretty much always on gear. I am afraid of over traing. I train with a top National NPC competitor, and he says once a week only...u need time to grow and rest, but he is huge, and I am a newbie. What do you think?

i asked the same question with legs man bro cause their lagging bigtime. I will take the bros advice here on training them once aweek but heavy as a mofo.

About your chest bro, u can change your workouts man. Try combining some presses with flys or machines.

Like do:

incline dumbell presses or barbell
        flys
        dips

or

flat bench
        incline presses
        machine pec deck or cable flys

or

whatever u desire bro, I once had that too my chest wasnt grwoing unTIL I changed the workouts and reduced the sets cause I was doing 15-16 total now dropped to around 10-12 sets but heavy.

Comment

Thank you. It seems that everybody I talk with says once a week is best. I just am impatient.

Comment

If you feel you are laggin in chest then focus on the areas of the chest that you feel are lagging the most. Sometimes a small inadequacy can appear to be larger than it is. Enhance your symmetry and you will look larger overall. Stick to once a week workouts but shift your routine to focus on lagging portions instead of the stronger points.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
              If you feel you are laggin in chest then focus on the areas of the chest that you feel are lagging the most. Sometimes a small inadequacy can appear to be larger than it is. Enhance your symmetry and you will look larger overall. Stick to once a week workouts but shift your routine to focus on lagging portions instead of the stronger points.
              correct, cause if one focuses more on just benching and not combining with machines,flys, or other exersices the chest willnever fully develop. Thats something I leanred from a post I posted about a month or 2 ago. To tellu the truth my chest developed more.

Comment

Once a week is enough, I switched from heavy barbell to heavy dumbells on flat bench and loved it. I just feel the chest working more with dumbells.

Comment

From experience, one week is better. In the 2 months, since cutting back from 2x to one time per week, I've put about an inch on my chest and about 1/2 inch on my arms. I'll never lift a bodypart 2x per week again.

Comment

The key is, just like any body part, once a week, high intensity. Also, rather than doubling up on your chest work out, take a week off from working out your chest.

-Sub.

Comment

once a week does the trick. I just worked out my chest monday and today is friday halloween and im still sore as a mofo

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X