Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORKOUT ROUTINE

NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP

Hi all. Im new to this and registered because I want an answer to something.

Im a golf professional who has played the game since 16. Im tall and never used to have any pectorial muscle. I am now 20 and have no left pectorial muscle below my collarbone. Is this a major problem what can I do. My left side is massively weaker...

Is this a medical thing or a training thing.

Leave a post or
    E-M@IL ME

its the way you use it.nobody is perfectly symetrical. is your left shoulder slightly bigger than your right? you may be useing your anterior delt to compensate for a weak side pec. but i bet its just your stroke on the course if you are right handed you use you right pec to "push" the club. the left delt gets most of the work on the left side. this may be the reason you are so asymetrical.

how to solve it?

start hitting balls left handed? might mess up your game.
    do dumbell press with a heavier weight on the left side than the right. i would see a trainer they can give you personal advice on how to rectify the situation and teach you to isolate your lagging muscle for optimal growth and keep you from getting huge triceps on the left side while your right lags.

Comment

Thank you for you last message. Playing left handed is an impossibilty, im sure this would rectify the situation but it would kill my game off as the time spent playing left handed is not time practising right handed.

Please can you explain the excercise that i would need to do as I do not have a great indepth knowldege of these excercises. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jipped genes
        its the way you use it.nobody is perfectly symetrical. is your left shoulder slightly bigger than your right? you may be useing your anterior delt to compensate for a weak side pec. but i bet its just your stroke on the course if you are right handed you use you right pec to "push" the club. the left delt gets most of the work on the left side. this may be the reason you are so asymetrical.

how to solve it?

start hitting balls left handed? might mess up your game.
        do dumbell press with a heavier weight on the left side than the right. i would see a trainer they can give you personal advice on how to rectify the situation and teach you to isolate your lagging muscle for optimal growth and keep you from getting huge triceps on the left side while your right lags.

Good advise. Also if you hit chest on Monday do what jipped said, then come back acouple of days later and do about 2- 3 sets of somthing (dumbell press, cable cross) just on that side. Dont go to heavy and dont do too many sets on that day.It will be easy to overtrain.

Comment

Working...
        X