Ok need alittle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok need alittle help

I have been working out for a while now and I have gained alot of strength I mean for my size I think I can throw up some good weight all around. The problem that I am having is I am not really gaining any size well maybe a little but not all that much and there is really no definition in my arms or anything. How does one get definition. Is it light weights and more reps. What is the way can someone give me some input on this please and help a wanna be big person out please.

Re: Ok need alittle help

Originally posted by urso8up
    I have been working out for a while now and I have gained alot of strength I mean for my size I think I can throw up some good weight all around. The problem that I am having is I am not really gaining any size well maybe a little but not all that much and there is really no definition in my arms or anything. How does one get definition. Is it light weights and more reps. What is the way can someone give me some input on this please and help a wanna be big person out please.
    Definition comes with presence of muscle and lack of body fat. I am a firm believer in low- medium reps and high wieght all of the time. I just change routines and eating habits. If you want to gain size, start eating like a horse and lifting heavy. Go between 5-10 reps. If you can get all the reps fairly easy go up in weight.The key is dont get stuck on one weight, inncrease as often as possible and use the 2 1/2's. It works for me.

Comment

Oh yeah and just for good measure, EAT EAT EAT.

Comment

Definition comes with presence of muscle and lack of body fat. I am a firm believer in low- medium reps and high wieght all of the time. I just change routines and eating habits. If you want to gain size, start eating like a horse and lifting heavy. Go between 5-10 reps. If you can get all the reps fairly easy go up in weight.The key is dont get stuck on one weight, inncrease as often as possible and use the 2 1/2's. It works for me.
        Exactly!! Add a ECA to your diet if you want to help cut fat. If your strength is going up, your muscles are growing. Watch the carbs!!

BK

Comment

Thanks for the ideas I always go up each set I do i try to go up
          5 lbs. I keep my reps between 6-8 I think that is good range. I am going to get my BF checked tomorrow when i go to the gym and see what it is. I have been eating just not sure if i am eating the right meals. Thanks again for the help

Comment

Man, I've got the same problem. I throw up pretty good numbers (In my opinion, at least. It's more than 90% of the other people I see in the gym), but when I tell someone my maxes, they look at me like I'm stupid because of my size. Here recently, I've started growing a little, so I guess my best advice would just be to keep at it and don't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by HornedfrogsAT
              Man, I've got the same problem. I throw up pretty good numbers (In my opinion, at least. It's more than 90% of the other people I see in the gym), but when I tell someone my maxes, they look at me like I'm stupid because of my size. Here recently, I've started growing a little, so I guess my best advice would just be to keep at it and don't give up.
              Calories. Eat

Comment

calories do not and will not solve everything.... this is in my opinion the biggest misconception.

If size is your problem then attempt adjusting your diet by mixing up intake rations of fat/protien/ carbs. make the bodies homeostasis adjust and do not allow it to get complacent.

If definition if a major factor, the try some thermo genics, adjust diet accordingly and focuse on isolated excercises to bring out sweeps and stritations....

Comment

Working...
                X