Shoulders with push, pull, legs, off rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulders with push, pull, legs, off rotation

Ive just made some changes to my routine and trying push, pull, legs, off routine.

With this routine, shoulders are basically split into front delts on push day with middle and rear on pull day.

Shoulder exercises im doing on push days are seated DB Sh Press and Arnold DB Press. Pull days is BB upright row, DB lateral raises, DB rear lat raise.

Does anyone see a potential overtraining issue with this, or should they be significantly isolated to not get hit twice each rotation.

Also, if there is overlap potential, am I better off doing pull after push and gaurenteeing 72 hrs repair, but possably hitting twice in 24 hrs, or put legs between push and pull.

Thanks in advance for input.

Do shoulders on push day. There is plenty of overlap with other chest exercises. The shoulder girdle gets hit when you do chest anyway, so that's the day it belongs on.

Whether you do pull after push or do legs in between is up to you. I don't think there is significant overlap potential between push and pull that would lead to overtraining. This is by definition - push and pull hit antagonistic muscle groups.

Comment

Do shoulder press on push day and also any raises like front and side. Only do rear dealt and traps on pull day

Comment

Yea, shoulders on push day, just do 2 exercises for each muscle group. Don't get too technical on isolating the shoulders, this routine is for overall strength and size. If you want isolation, than change your split.

for shoulders i do, BB seated shoulder presses and isolated shoulder press machine. Or you can do smith machine seated shoulder presses and BB seated shoulder presses.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Will do presses and raises on push day, and maybe a few sets of chest high seated rows after my normal seated rows on pull day to cover off on rears.

Comment

Working...
          X