First time using Squats in routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time using Squats in routine

Would they really build some serious size and mass. I always did leg presses but got to a point wheremy legs werent grwoing no more.

The reason why I ask this is because Ive been lagging some leg size. I was doing leg presses and nothing, did up to 500 pounds and nothing. Just bought a new weight bench with a squat rack and everything looks good. I did some sets with good reps and felt awesome. Ive done some before but nothing to a routine.
    Last edited by JUICE; 10-29-03, 01:49 AM.

I honestly feel that squats have to be in a leg routine. Although I also feel that leg presses give me the most burn and fatigue, btu squats really get my glutes and deep in my quads. IMO leg presses and squats are both a must.

Comment

I remember the first time I added squats to my leg routine. OUCH! Let us know how it goes

Comment

for me leg presses only got me so far, no matter how i varied the workout. in every aspect squats have been much better for me.

Comment

Wow,I woke up sore from the squats last night. I do 4sets of squats,4 leg extension,2 dead lift,and 3 leg curls.

Comment

I like doing squats better thn any other leg exercise, the only thing is the leg pain for 2-3 days after.

Comment

squats are godly =-]

Comment

Re: First time using Squats in routine

Originally posted by THE JUICE
                Would they really build some serious size and mass. I always did leg presses but got to a point wheremy legs werent grwoing no more.

The reason why I ask this is because Ive been lagging some leg size. I was doing leg presses and nothing, did up to 500 pounds and nothing. Just bought a new weight bench with a squat rack and everything looks good. I did some sets with good reps and felt awesome. Ive done some before but nothing to a routine.
                you're not growing because you're not lifting your legs heavy enough. up to 500lbs on the leg press? that's only like 5 plates on each side. i'm up to 7 plates per side.

go heavier. HEAVIER!! :)

Comment

Re: Re: First time using Squats in routine

Originally posted by sana
                  you're not growing because you're not lifting your legs heavy enough. up to 500lbs on the leg press? that's only like 5 plates on each side. i'm up to 7 plates per side.

go heavier. HEAVIER!! :)

or sorry I forgot to explain on this one. I usedto train at the recreation center here. The had this leg press machine and all it had was 500 pounds onit and no more. Also when I used to train at the college gymI used todo them and nothing. They just grewto a certain size and thats it.:(

Comment

Im not doing anymore squats until I can get pants that fit dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer59
                      Im not doing anymore squats until I can get pants that fit dammit.
                      i wish had ur legs man. Im tired of them not growing

Comment

Originally posted by THE JUICE
                        i wish had ur legs man. Im tired of them not growing
                        I promise you dont. They are big but they arent very defined. Im trying all kinds of different stuff to get them more defined. I guess I need to get more fat off.

Comment

Squats are the best overall leg exercise...period!

A lot of people do leg press and squats incorrectly. There is this guy at my gym who feels up the leg press machine with 45's on each side, then he grabs the barbell from the bench places it on the top of the leg press machine and piles more 45's on that....BUT he doesn't go down far enough when he presses it...there are so many people doing ridiculous amounts of weight on that machine but they are not getting a full downward motion.

Comment

Working...
                          X