Routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routines

I am thinking of changing from 3 day to 4 day routine. I noticed there is a lack of basic routines on this page. When i google 4 day split, so much junk comes up. Any chance of getting a few differant basic 3,4 and 5 day routines sticky'd?

I have a 5 day routine.

Monday- Chest

Tuesday- Back

Wednesday- Shoulders and Traps

Thursday- Bi's and Triceps

Friday- Legs

Sat & Sun: OFF

Comment

i have been doing a every other day split to change thing up the last few weeks, been working well.

Comment

Describe what you want to do - just lifting or cardio as well on a dedicated day?

Anyway, here's a good well-worn 3 day routine:

Day 1: Push
        Chest, shoulders, triceps

Day 2: Pull
        Back, traps, biceps

Day 3: Legs

Rest a day and start over.

Vary your exercises - maybe flat bench one round, incline the next, switch squats and deads, etc.

This is a routine I use a lot, although I mix in a lot of conditioning and cardio days in with the lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Describe what you want to do - just lifting or cardio as well on a dedicated day?

Anyway, here's a good well-worn 3 day routine:

Day 1: Push
          Chest, shoulders, triceps

Day 2: Pull
          Back, traps, biceps

Day 3: Legs

Rest a day and start over.

Vary your exercises - maybe flat bench one round, incline the next, switch squats and deads, etc.

This is a routine I use a lot, although I mix in a lot of conditioning and cardio days in with the lifting.
          Im doing this now, however these workouts have grown to 1:15mins, and I want to start cutting soon as im 2 kg from my 110kg goal at 10% (caliper parrillo method says 6.7%, but it doesnt pick up luv handles and ive still got an inch and a half on either side - so im guessing 10% - abs are in)

Date Weight Body Fat %Lean Body Weight Body Fat Type
          06/26/2011 108.00 6.69% 100.77 7.23 Parrillo

so i want to drop an extra day of cardio in and do 2 days on, 1 day cardio repeat. if i stick with pull/push/legs on 2 days on, 1 cardio, im going to end up with a lot of pull and legs or vica versa next to each other, and I really like starting back with 5 sets of heavy deads, and legs with squats - doesnt work.

i wouldnt mind shortening either, so an extra split could do that to and solve the deadlift followed by squat issues.

Was thinking maybe:

D1
          Legs - Calves
          D2
          Shoulders/Traps - Abs
          D3
          Cardio - Calves
          D4
          Back/Bi's/forearms - Abs
          D5
          Chest/Tri's - Calves
          D6
          Cardio - Abs

(my calves a stubborn - thats why i hit em every 2nd day)

Any issues with this? Or any better suggestions? happy to copy someonelse's successful routine.

DNA, dont you hit your traps pretty hard on back day? I find seated rows and bent over rows hit mine pretty hard. Id have trouble doing traps after back i think.

Comment

I have 3 days routine as the detail is given below

Monday : Chest

Wednesday : biceps and Triceps

Thursday: Shoulders and Legs
            Last edited by Sloan; 06-29-11, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyingWolf View Post
              Im doing this now, however these workouts have grown to 1:15mins, and I want to start cutting soon as im 2 kg from my 110kg goal at 10% (caliper parrillo method says 6.7%, but it doesnt pick up luv handles and ive still got an inch and a half on either side - so im guessing 10% - abs are in)

Date Weight Body Fat %Lean Body Weight Body Fat Type
              06/26/2011 108.00 6.69% 100.77 7.23 Parrillo

so i want to drop an extra day of cardio in and do 2 days on, 1 day cardio repeat. if i stick with pull/push/legs on 2 days on, 1 cardio, im going to end up with a lot of pull and legs or vica versa next to each other, and I really like starting back with 5 sets of heavy deads, and legs with squats - doesnt work.

i wouldnt mind shortening either, so an extra split could do that to and solve the deadlift followed by squat issues.

Was thinking maybe:

D1
              Legs - Calves
              D2
              Shoulders/Traps - Abs
              D3
              Cardio - Calves
              D4
              Back/Bi's/forearms - Abs
              D5
              Chest/Tri's - Calves
              D6
              Cardio - Abs

(my calves a stubborn - thats why i hit em every 2nd day)

Any issues with this? Or any better suggestions? happy to copy someonelse's successful routine.

DNA, dont you hit your traps pretty hard on back day? I find seated rows and bent over rows hit mine pretty hard. Id have trouble doing traps after back i think.
              Your split, lifting or what exercises you do has very little to do with your fat loss. Post your diet and add another 30 mins of cardio in the evening four times a week and watch the fat rolles disappear.
              You try to come up with all the magical combinations of deads, squats, traps and what ever you can imagine. It's is not going to get rid of your love handels.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyingWolf View Post

My back workout's are targeted to hit each area. Upper back, middle back, and lower back. 5 sets for each area, and I do them in 3 exercises.

My traps are exhausted but never sore. I hit traps hard on shoulders because i have more time to focus on them and hit them hard.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.

I went with

D1 Back/Bi's
                  D2 Chest/Tri's
                  D3 1hr Cardio (bike)
                  D4 Legs
                  D5 Shoulders/Traps
                  D6 1hr Cardio (Bike)
                  Repeat

Loving it, but ended up adding some excercises so still 1.2 hrs each session.

Alternation calves and abs in addition to above.

Comment

Working...
                  X