hams and calves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hams and calves

What excercises and rep range do you feel works best for these, mine need work

Just did legs today. For calves seated calf raises 5 sets, 2 warm up sets 12-15 rep range. For my working sets its 8-10 reps.

For hams, i usually hit them hard on deadlift days. Doing 225lbs for 10-15 reps target your lower back extremely well and your hamstrings. However, you don't feel your hamstrings sore up until the next day. I did deadlifts on Tuesday, and my hamstrings are still sore and tight today. I did only one hamstring exercise for 4 sets.

Vertical leg press also target your hamstrings for isolation and doing lunges will target them.

Comment

You talking about stiff leg deads dna

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        You talking about stiff leg deads dna

no regular deadlifts. My hamstring still get sore from them. Also, you can target your hamstrings by doing stiff legged deadlifts and good mornings. I forgot about those.

Comment

What excercises and rep range do you feel works best for these, mine need work
          I go as heavy as I can with calves but never dropping below 10 reps. Typically in the 10-15 rep range for me.

Comment

Tonight I did stiff legs, laying curls and standing one leg for hams, then standing hack and seated raise for calf. I'll see how it feels tommorrow. Seperating my quads and hams on different days

Comment

Tonight I did stiff legs, laying curls and standing one leg for hams, then standing hack and seated raise for calf. I'll see how it feels tommorrow. Seperating my quads and hams on different days
              ya gotta keep quads and hamm on different days. you pick good exersizes you should feel it tomorrow and the next day,lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                ya gotta keep quads and hamm on different days. you pick good exersizes you should feel it tomorrow and the next day,lol
                If you look at all the pro's that have the best legs they did legs on the same day. Ronnie did legs all in one day. Takes more than an hour though, so if you have the time why not

Comment

Working...
                X