Kettlebells? Losing gym membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettlebells? Losing gym membership

So, found out today my contract has ended.
    My monthly fee is going to almost double, so I am not a happy camper. I don't go to the stupid classes, or use the pool, sauna, any of that shit, but they still wouldn't give me any kind of break. I could pay the fee, but really don't want to give that establishment my money.

I currently live in a small apartment, but the living room is nice and spacious. I was thinking of getting some kettlebells and a pull up bar and starting from there. I guess I will drastically change the way I worked out for the past few years and that might actually be a good thing.

Any books for beginners that someone can recommend?
    Should I just abandon this idea and continue at my gym?

I can get started with a couple kettlebells and a pull up bar, but don't see myself getting a bench anytime soon. Once we buy or rent a house my options will really open up and I will actually be able to buy some more equipment.

Go to a different gym for fuck sake. Kettleballs in an apartment. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      Go to a different gym for fuck sake. Kettleballs in an apartment. Lol
      I live in a small town. The other gym is no good.

I did find this crossfit type gym, but it is all faith based, and they have prayer before the sessions begin.....not my thing.

Guess I will just suck it up and pay those stupid fucks.

Comment

how much they want?

Comment

It really depends on the type of training you're interested in doing.

For conventional "bodybuilding" hypertrophy focused training you'll need the big gym, no way around it.

But if you're looking for something different you can do just fine with the basics at home, trips to the local park, public pools, etc...

You can make your own med ball, sled, sandbag and combine those with all the plyo work you could ever want.

All about your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            how much they want?
            Not much at all, I just don't like the principle of it increasing. I just went and did the contract renewal.

Comment

You just like to bitch from the gym to the movie theater. :D

Comment

Working...
              X