bloody shins from dead lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloody shins from dead lifts

tore my rear delt almost 4 years ago and it's been that long since I could do dead lifts.....started back with them last week

was wondering what this big scab was on my shin.... did deadlifts again today and made them bloody, mystery solved!!

feels good to pull the weight again! and my form is obviously good lol

:thumup:

Love that feeling of the metal scrapping the skin off your shins.

Comment

Wtf?

Comment

This is why pants were invented... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          This is why pants were invented... :)
          Actually this is why better form was invented. Really, how much weight are you pulling that you have to drag it across your shins?

Comment

Have your bar about a third of the way down the length of your foot from your toes and pull it straight up. The weight should travel in a straight line up and down. Have a friend stand to the side and review your form. I agree with Beast - you shouldn't be scraping your shins if you do it right.

Comment

If you position the bar like I mentioned in my post and pull straight up (not towards you), there's no physical way to scrape your shins unless your lower leg is shaped like a banana.

Comment

I'm still not getting it, but no point arguing about it. Just put on pants or sweats and pull... :thumup:

Comment

If you position the bar like I mentioned in my post and pull straight up (not towards you), there's no physical way to scrape your shins unless your lower leg is shaped like a banana.
                  eh? your wrong that would be incorrect form. u should pull the bar up close to your legs

Mark Rippetoe has a good video on how to deadlift
                  Mark Rippetoe: Deadlift Set-Up - YouTube

Comment

I'm still not getting it, but no point arguing about it. Just put on pants or sweats and pull... :thumup:
                    long socks or the deadlift socks

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                      eh? your wrong that would be incorrect form. u should pull the bar up close to your legs

Mark Rippetoe has a good video on how to deadlift
                      Mark Rippetoe: Deadlift Set-Up - YouTube
                      I agree it has to be close to your legs (and I have followed Rippetoe's videos as well in my own deadlifting). My only point is that if you position yourself right, the lower leg straightens and moves out of the way as the bar traverses the shin on its vertical journey and shouldn't graze it. If you are grazing, you are a) having the bar too close to your ankle, or b) pulling towards you and not vertically or c) pulling too early vs. straightening your legs.

Comment

I have it close as possible to my shins but scraping them is a bit over the top. Don't really see the point of that

Comment

not sure what bars you have at your gym man but even if i did drag the bar up and down my leg theres no way with an oylmpic bar could I ever cut skin off my shins.

Comment

Originally posted by henrysiek View Post
                            not sure what bars you have at your gym man but even if i did drag the bar up and down my leg theres no way with an oylmpic bar could I ever cut skin off my shins.
                            Good point. Guy is full of shit. I never seen anyone with bloody shins from deads

Comment

i have had plenty of bloody shins from deadlifts. form argument depends on height, arm and leg length proportion. Tall guys with long legs and short arms are fucked. Trackies fix the problem for me - sometimes i will knock a scab off through the trackies but havent done that for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X