Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery time for muscle groups

Hey guys,

I was wondering your guys experience with different recovery times after working each muscle group. For instance I give each group 3 days rest before i concentrate on it again. Just wanted to see what you guys do. Thanks.

I would say 2-3 days before i'm comfortable training it again. I think it's hard sometimes not to overtrain arms because you are using bi's and tri's on so many other movements.

Comment

6-7 days if I am not running any gear or on real low dose. If I am on a bigger cycle 4-5 days

Training the same muscle every 2-3 days is over training and means you didn't hit it hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        6-7 days if I am not running any gear or on real low dose. If I am on a bigger cycle 4-5 days

Training the same muscle every 2-3 days is over training and means you didn't hit it hard enough.
        very true. doods that hit particular muscles 2-3 times a week are just hurting themselves or not training hard enougn. fair enough hitting one lagging part twice but thats about it. 7 days rest on the trained muscle group is the way to go

Comment

At the ripe age of 45, I find myself averaging about 5-6 days to repeat a bodypart. It just feels better that way for my joints. I also throw in a lot of cardio, intervals and such. I pretty much play it by ear every day and am never afraid to throw in another rest or non-lifting day if I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

bounce - I just started a 500 test E and 400 Deca cycle is that considered a bigger cycle in your book?

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
              bounce - I just started a 500 test E and 400 Deca cycle is that considered a bigger cycle in your book?
              to him ya that is a big cycle,lol. but I still agree with his thought I hit each muscle 1 time per week and hit it hard.
              I do this no matter what cycle or not

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                This also depends on what kind of training you're doing. Pro bb'rs train their muscles E3D or so, not like you've stated. Power lifting is similar. Not sure where you're getting this bro science from.
                i have to agree with that. if you want to absolutely ensure full recovery yeah 1 week but i dont need that long especially on gear.

rado your shirt should just say "STFU AND TRAIN" dont need the JUST

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
                  Hey guys,

I was wondering your guys experience with different recovery times after working each muscle group. For instance I give each group 3 days rest before i concentrate on it again. Just wanted to see what you guys do. Thanks.
                  I like to train each body part every seven days. I get great recovery with this method.

Comment

For me:

On gear--one week

Off gear--one week

Different muscles recover quicker than others (biceps vs lower back for ex.) It's not the muscle groups that need the rest for growth. It's usually the CNS.

Comment

Working...
                    X