Equipment Gurus: Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Gurus: Is this a good deal?

So I found a guy who is selling a few things from his home gym on Craigslist. I talked him down to $225 for a chrome Olympic Bar, 400lbs of plates, and a rack for the weights. Does this seem like a good deal assuming everything is in good shape? I compared it to the local used sporting goods store and it would cost me about $315 + tax for all of this there. Thanks for any input.

IMO value = what a willing buyer is willing to pay and what a willing seller is willing to sell for.

If you decide you want to sell it in the future, you can probably get all, or most back.

I think that sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Gym equipment is worth shit after yo utake it home. If it cost 400 bucks I owuld offer him 200$ at most

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
        Gym equipment is worth shit after yo utake it home. If it cost 400 bucks I owuld offer him 200$ at most
        Well the $315 is what it would cost me at a store, but even that is used. I think brand new I'd be looking at more like $450+tax at the same store for everything. So $225 is about 50% of what I'd be looking at brand new.

Comment

Sounds about right bro, make sure they aren't fake plates like the kind Rado uses in his videos. :D

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            Well the $315 is what it would cost me at a store, but even that is used. I think brand new I'd be looking at more like $450+tax at the same store for everything. So $225 is about 50% of what I'd be looking at brand new.
            yes then that is a good deal. snatch it up bro

Comment

Working...
            X