What is your current split? I need a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your current split? I need a change

I'm curious to know what you guys are doing these days.

This is what I have been doing:

Quads/Calves
    Chest/Triceps
    Rest
    Back/Biceps
    Hamstrings/Calves
    Delts/traps
    Rest
    Repeat
    (Abs e3d)

Considering switching to one less day/week. Maybe combine hams/quads? Also considering dropping the volume considerably while I am off gear (keeping intensity up). What's working for you guys?

yea bro i would suggest that since you are off now that you give every other day training a try for a bit. just to give your body a bit of a rest and try to avoid over-training while off.

only problem is, it can become difficult to stay away from the gym that much.

i did it while off and i think it really helped me avoid overtraining.

Comment

I just stopped doing this..

mon-chest
      tues-back
      wed-legs
      thurs-shoulders
      fri-arms

just changed over to this...

Mon-chest/tris/side delts
      tues-back/bis/rear delts
      wed-legs
      thurs-chest/tris/side delts
      fri-back/bis/rear delts

Comment

you got small shoulders bro?

Comment

Originally posted by henrysiek View Post
          you got small shoulders bro?
          no shoulders and traps are my best bodyparts why?

Comment

I've been doing a push/pull/legs split for a long time. It works very well with my running and other activities. My schedule tends to precess over the weeks, as I insert rest days or running days here and there, so it is not always Monday push, Tue pull, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              yea bro i would suggest that since you are off now that you give every other day training a try for a bit. just to give your body a bit of a rest and try to avoid over-training while off.

only problem is, it can become difficult to stay away from the gym that much.

i did it while off and i think it really helped me avoid overtraining.
              Did you put on much fat?

How did you cope with the anxiety if any (on rest days from not lifting)?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                no shoulders and traps are my best bodyparts why?
                Possibly bc the traps and front delts weren't included? (Prioritizing your weaker bodyparts)?

Nice routine.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                  Did you put on much fat?

How did you cope with the anxiety if any (on rest days from not lifting)?
                  no fat. but yea the mental anxiety is tough just gotta try to think posative and realize the off time is helping not hurting.

Comment

Possibly bc the traps and front delts weren't included? (Prioritizing your weaker bodyparts)?

Nice routine.
                    I never really train traps.

When you do any pressing movement for chest you are using a lot of front delts, the same as when you are training back and doing rowing movements etc you are using a lot of rear delt. I figure that chest/tri/side delts has worked both front and lateral heads of shoulders so rear delts get saved for back day.

Comment

I have done the EOD training and loved it. I will probably go back to it in a few more months. You feel strong and fresh every time you hit the gym.

Comment

Nice routine.
                        this

Comment

Working...
                        X