Legs routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legs routine

OK.. so I have not been really focusing on doing a hypertrophy-style routine for legs in the past, since my goals have been more on running, functional fitness, etc. I just recently started doing a more conventional legs workout.

How does this look?

Squats - 4 sets, about 10 reps
    Hack squats - 4 sets, about 10 reps
    Calf raises - 4 sets, about 15 reps
    Extensions - 3 sets, about 10-12 reps
    Ham curls - 3 sets, about 10-12 reps
    Lunges - 3 sets, about 10 reps

I've been getting fried before I get to the lunges, so more often than not, I've skipped them.

Is this too much? Too little? Just right? Definitely seeing improvements in size and strength.

Speaking of leg workouts, I swear a cluster of monkeys could do a better job of designing the equipment that are commonly in gyms. Both leg presses and extension machines put the lower back in such a bad position, I swear the equipment designers must be a bunch of retards who wouldn't know biomechanics if it came and kicked them in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      OK.. so I have not been really focusing on doing a hypertrophy-style routine for legs in the past, since my goals have been more on running, functional fitness, etc. I just recently started doing a more conventional legs workout.

How does this look?

Squats - 4 sets, about 10 reps
      Hack squats - 4 sets, about 10 reps
      Calf raises - 4 sets, about 15 reps
      Extensions - 3 sets, about 10-12 reps
      Ham curls - 3 sets, about 10-12 reps
      Lunges - 3 sets, about 10 reps

I've been getting fried before I get to the lunges, so more often than not, I've skipped them.

Is this too much? Too little? Just right? Definitely seeing improvements in size and strength.
      If you are firm on those exercises you might try rotating some of them to warm up the knees...
      Calf Raises
      Extensions
      Squats
      Leg Press (Hacks in your case)
      Ham Curls
      Lunges

I get it on the whole not being able to do lunges...usually the case when you pair quads and hams together in the same workout. The cns is too beat down.

If you could split them 3-4 days apart, adding stiff leg deads on your ham day and another ham exercise of choice you'd notice some good gains. Splitting them up helped me add some size to them this last year.

Since I am no longer splitting them up (they actually became a strong point) and off all aas I do:

extensions
      squats
      leg press
      stiff leg deads
      lying ham curls
      lunges

Calves if I have the energy if not they're done the next day with Chest.

Comment

Thanks growth! Good ideas there... I'll think about splitting them. Kinda limited on time right now, since I am still running a lot but something to consider certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
          If you are firm on those exercises you might try rotating some of them to warm up the knees...
          Calf Raises
          Extensions
          Squats
          Leg Press (Hacks in your case)
          Ham Curls
          Lunges

I get it on the whole not being able to do lunges...usually the case when you pair quads and hams together in the same workout. The cns is too beat down.

If you could split them 3-4 days apart, adding stiff leg deads on your ham day and another ham exercise of choice you'd notice some good gains. Splitting them up helped me add some size to them this last year.

Since I am no longer splitting them up (they actually became a strong point) and off all aas I do:

extensions
          squats
          leg press
          stiff leg deads
          lying ham curls
          lunges

Calves if I have the energy if not they're done the next day with Chest.
          agreed

Comment

Don't split quad exercises with calves. Otherwise there ok but too manny sets

Comment

Working...
            X