Smith squats better than free squats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith squats better than free squats

So I'm not much of a squatter but I've ben playing around last few weeks, last night I did smith squats, worked up to about 405, then dropped to 225 for a drop set, front thighs were totally blown up, free squats just don't force the blood in the same way

Originally posted by rado
    Well that's your opinion. Nothing like good old free squats for mass! You ever see back in old days them doing that sissy shit? nope...
    Back in the old days they had stick legs compared to today.

Comment

Better for glute, and obliques mass maybe. Squats hit to many things and aren't focused enough on what you are trying to hit. Hack squat machine better

Comment

There's no "maybe" here...It's just the obvious. But who am I to say what's good right? I mean, my legs are so skinny lol...<yea right....
        Your short bro. Legs would be thick and fat like a pig if you did nothing at all.

Comment

Ok bro...Good come back on that one...I never had legs like I do now...But you know everything:rolleyes:
          And you could achieve those same legs by more ways then 1.

Comment

I might also add that on the machine, you can literally just keep going up/down for the burn/pump...Where as a free squat, you need to focus on proper form and good balancing and full range of motion. It's easier to handle 405 on a machine than it is on free squat...Besides, 405 isn't really 405 on the machine, we all know that sonny:)
            Agreed with the first part, perhaps that is why out seems to work better. As for the second part thats not true with me. The smith machine is not full counter balance but you do get about a 25lb advantage over free bar. I'm stronger on free weight squats though, don't do them alot though particularly heavy as they just seem to grow my ass and hips mostly, prefer light burn out after hacks our leg press with 225 easier to keep bodybuilding form.

Comment

Did I say you couldn't? Stop being a fucking idiot already this morning. All I said is that for MASS, nothing like free squats. You always, always grab an argument and in your fucking retarded ass mind, like to twist the story around; always. I swear you have issues bro.

It kills you to know that I'm the ALPHA around here...Kills you.
              lol @ you being an alpha :rofl:

Comment

I'm out for the day...It's training/rolling and relaxation time.
                go read your self help book faggot

Comment

The fact that you replied this way, just proves it. It's a fact bro. In our relationship, I'm the ALPHA and you know this. It's ok not wanting to admit here, but you have to me before.

"I have to be the ALPHA like I was on FG, as to why GU ended up killing himself because he couldn't take it" :rofl:
                  LOL @ a guy talking about having a relationship with another guy..

Comment

The fact that you replied this way, just proves it. It's a fact bro. In our relationship, I'm the ALPHA and you know this. It's ok not wanting to admit here, but you have to me before.

"I have to be the ALPHA like I was on FG, as to why GU ended up killing himself because he couldn't take it" :rofl:
                    LMFAO @ you being an alpha not only with me but with anyone. your wife ran you like a bitch bro. put you on sleeping meds. :rofl:

Comment

This guy told me to only smith squat

This guy told him to only smith squat

If you don't believe me ask them yourselves. But listen to Rado, he knows more about what is superior.

Comment

Also add the amounts of drugs taken by both...I think anyone with that kind of drugs, kicking people in the nuts will make your legs big.
                        It's cytogenics laboratories lol! Point is rado , if free squats were more effective these guys would be doing them because they're trying to be the best in the world. Others like branch suit free squats

Comment

Notice something else about the abovetwo athletes, both are called xmen and have small waists

Comment

I didnt read threw all the bitching back and forth but. I agree with Mr I first post the smith lets you hit just the quads and realy focuses on them unlike free weight where you use all kinds of other to just squat.
                            It is a fact smith for muscle develoment and looks
                            free weight for strength as you use more muscles

Comment

So what's the summary here? Rado did a 180 and agrees with Mr. I now?

Comment

Working...
                              X