Arm injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm injury

Fucked up my arm about 2 weeks ago doing curls. At first it didn't seem to bad but its not getting any better and starting to get a little irritating. Anything I do upper body seems to aggravate it even after I took a week off. Its right where my bicep and elbow come together could be a tendon or maybe pulled muscle a little idk but its pissing me off. Like I said I took a whole week off but for some squats and abs then tried to ease back into my upper body training again with some fairly light weight bench presses and db flies. I could tell I fucked up when I left the gym my arm was throbbing. So took a few more days off upper body and its still there I can feel it. Any advice??

Any bruising? U got health insurance? Ice it for 20 mins at a time and rest. Take alieve in the am

Comment

Ya I got insurance. No bruises just doesn't seem to want to heal up and I'm getting irritated with it. About when it seems to feel better any upper body exercises flare it up again. I'll give the ice a try, I'm thinking it just needs more time..idk

Comment

I've got this bro! I got this by doing heavy weighted pullups. Let me guess, it is right between the brachalis and the elbow bone that sticks out, right? It is an inflamation of a tendon that runs there. Rest is what willl help, and here's the bad news, it will take months to get perfect. Totally lay off anything that causes pain. This includes curls, pullups, etc. Sucks, but you can't help it. Do reverse grip forearm curls with VERY light weights (we are talking pink aerobics dumbbell territory here) to get some healing going. Also do assisted bicep curls (free arm assisting under your wrist) with very light weights (say 10lb dumbbells).

And give it a couple of months. That's what I had to do. I'm still not 100% pain free but for the most part, it is not holding me back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          I've got this bro! I got this by doing heavy weighted pullups. Let me guess, it is right between the brachalis and the elbow bone that sticks out, right? It is an inflamation of a tendon that runs there. Rest is what willl help, and here's the bad news, it will take months to get perfect. Totally lay off anything that causes pain. This includes curls, pullups, etc. Sucks, but you can't help it. Do reverse grip forearm curls with VERY light weights (we are talking pink aerobics dumbbell territory here) to get some healing going. Also do assisted bicep curls (free arm assisting under your wrist) with very light weights (say 10lb dumbbells).

And give it a couple of months. That's what I had to do. I'm still not 100% pain free but for the most part, it is not holding me back.
          Fuck your kidding me..man I just came off cycle and finished up pct and trying to hold on to as much of my gains as possible and now this shit. I think I have to agree though scrum its gonna take some time for this 1 buncha shit. Thanks though...

Comment

Check with a doctor if you can.mine did some x-rays to make sure the joint was ok, then prescribed PT. It took a good 2-3 months of PT before I at a point where the pain was not inhibiting my lifting. Good luck!

Comment

I agrre with scrumm its a tennis elbow thing. They sell a strap that will make it feel better but. scrum is right you have to stop all curls and especialy pull ups.
              Mine was so bad after grappling I would almost throw up. Later on I found that the tendon was pulling my bone off,lol sound funny but its true I had surgery and it still took 5 months to recover. Still to this day I will not attempt a pull up and very light on pull downs. No more hammer curls and no more hevy dumbells

Comment

eh? maybe im wrong but that seems drastic. if it were me i would work through after giving 2-3 weeks off and a visit to the doctor. iceing, ibuprophen (alieve cuz you can take less and it works better) and aviod evercises that make it worse (no curls, db rows, clinups etc). i get injuries all the time figure out what movements and technics i can do with out pain. it will get better. for the longest time military preesses were off limits.

like your avatar says man up :)

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  eh? maybe im wrong but that seems drastic. if it were me i would work through after giving 2-3 weeks off and a visit to the doctor. iceing, ibuprophen (alieve cuz you can take less and it works better) and aviod evercises that make it worse (no curls, db rows, clinups etc). i get injuries all the time figure out what movements and technics i can do with out pain. it will get better. for the longest time military preesses were off limits.

like your avatar says man up :)
                  lol thanks guys I'm goin to the doc monday

Comment

Damm bro that sucks sorry to hear

Comment

Working...
                    X