Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whip some basic knowledge back into me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whip some basic knowledge back into me please!

since i'm not incorporating any chest movements in my routine, i'm completely fucked up. my main goal right now is strengthen my upper back/traps and leave chest out.

i'm hitting my upper back the best i can with the most intensity possible and i'm a bit sore the day after but after 2 days it feels normal again. would it be a bad idea to do back again after 3 days of rest? do you think i would end up overtraining working back twice a week?

So you'll basically be hitting back twice a week? Don't see an issue with that. Mix up your exercises from day 1 to day 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      So you'll basically be hitting back twice a week? Don't see an issue with that. Mix up your exercises from day 1 to day 2.
      Yup that's exactly what I'd be doing, and I mix things up every time I'm in the gym, so that's not an issue. My only concern was If I would eventually be overtraining arms if I keep up with the twice a week back training?

Comment

i dont think skipping chest is benificial. your back will catch up eventually

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
          i dont think skipping chest is benificial. your back will catch up eventually
          I can see your point but my upper back has been behind in the game for as long as I can remember and I've completely switched my back routine to isolate the upper back/traps and rear delts so they can catch up. Chest is my strongest area so I can afford to leave them out for a while. Obviously doing chest and back once a week like my old routine consisted of didn't work since my chest grows so much faster so this is what I'm doing for now and see how it goes. Hoping my shoulders will pull back naturally and my posture will correct itself after a few months of doing this

Comment

honestly you probably train back like a pussy most ppl do... no offense. i had to look at myself in the mirror and make some changes so your not alone.

whay does your back routine look like?

Comment

honestly you probably train back like a pussy most ppl do... no offense. i had to look at myself in the mirror and make some changes so your not alone.

whay does your back routine look like?
              Use to train back like a pussy? Yes. Since I switched shit up, I'm hitting my back a lot better and really concentrating on my smaller muscles which I've never really done which I believe got me into this mess in the first place. My current back routine not including warm-up is this:

Romanian dead-lifts - 5 sets 10-15 reps( sometimes do these on leg days, don't really know where to place them)
              Good mornings - 4 sets 10-12 reps
              High seated cable rows (bring v-bar to upper chest) 4 sets 10-12 reps
              Bent over dumbbell rows 4 sets 10-12 reps
              Cable face pulls 4 sets 10-12 reps
              Reverse flys 4 sets 10-12 reps
              Lat pull downs 4 sets 10-12 reps

Before you go ripping on the amount of exercises, I never do this in 1 day. I'll only have 1 compound movement and for sure 2 or 3 other movents depending what I've done earlier on in the week. My workouts are never the same as the last one and everything is done to failure concentrating on the muscles at hand

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                Where are your pull ups??? Keep those in and you will put some nice size on your back :)
                I had pull ups in my old routine but they seem to pre exhaust my arms too much it hinders my other movements, and I'm really trying to hit the smaller muscles for now, so I've got lat pull downs instead. I'll incorporate pull ups again in the future

Comment

then you're doing them wrong...you pull back with your elbows, any part of your arm shouldn't be affected that much....pull ups are my 2nd fav excercise...really nice stretch I get from this...even after a set, I just hang there for a few more seconds and just twist torso for some stretching. When I do back. I warm up with 3 sets of ten; wide grip, behind neck and reverse grip...always pull with elbows...like you're telling a bitch to move out the fucking way!!!

Always keep the solid foundation for nice growth

Flat bench/Dips
                  Pull ups/Deads
                  Box squats/free squats/leg presses

arms? Nothing like some good old preacher curls and skull crushers :)

All that other fancy shit, is good...Just keep the foundation if you can in your routine if you want some mass.
                  next time i do back i'll try chin ups again and really focus on pulling my elbows down instead of just trying to lift myself up and see how it feels.

as for the compounds, i agree their important which is why i use them as much as possible.

Comment

Back is a bitch. My last coach had me doing this:

Pullups 4x10 (warm up)

3/4 DL 4x10
                    rotate weekly with
                    barbell row 4x10

Machine row 4x10
                    rotate weekly with
                    db row 4x10

lat pulldown
                    4x10

behind neck lat pulldown
                    4x10

Cable row
                    7x10

27 total sets. Most I ever did was 24-25 total max. Made some great gains in my back doing this routine.

Comment

27 sets? Don't think I could do that. Not including warm up I'm doing 16 sets for back. Lately I've been going lighter and slower and really squeezing and holding the end of each rep. I'm really feeling it being worked a lot more than I have in the past. After doing my approx. 16 sets for back I'll do a few bicep isolations and I'm done. No way I'd have stamina for another 10 sets

Comment

You may need to buy a new mirror...Why don't you post pics of yourself or stfu.

No offense.....
                        why the fuck would i do that? its a little weird you try to get everyone to send pics of there cock.

i'd send FB pics but not a bunch of dudes ya faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by casby View Post
                          Use to train back like a pussy? Yes. Since I switched shit up, I'm hitting my back a lot better and really concentrating on my smaller muscles which I've never really done which I believe got me into this mess in the first place. My current back routine not including warm-up is this:

Romanian dead-lifts - 5 sets 10-15 reps( sometimes do these on leg days, don't really know where to place them)
                          Good mornings - 4 sets 10-12 reps
                          High seated cable rows (bring v-bar to upper chest) 4 sets 10-12 reps
                          Bent over dumbbell rows 4 sets 10-12 reps
                          ehCable face pulls 4 sets 10-12 reps
                          Reverse flys 4 sets 10-12 reps
                          Lat pull downs 4 sets 10-12 reps

Before you go ripping on the amount of exercises, I never do this in 1 day. I'll only have 1 compound movement and for sure 2 or 3 other movents depending what I've done earlier on in the week. My workouts are never the same as the last one and everything is done to failure concentrating on the muscles at hand
                          eh? its ok pretty average. my back responds well too heavy deads and db rows 5-8 rep range.

or you could stop working out all together and everything will balance out nicely.

Comment

why the fuck would i do that? its a little weird you try to get everyone to send pics of there cock.

i'd send FB pics but not a bunch of dudes ya faggot.

:rofl::thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                              Back is a bitch. My last coach had me doing this:

Pullups 4x10 (warm up)

3/4 DL 4x10
                              rotate weekly with
                              barbell row 4x10

Machine row 4x10
                              rotate weekly with
                              db row 4x10

lat pulldown
                              4x10

behind neck lat pulldown
                              4x10

Cable row
                              7x10

27 total sets. Most I ever did was 24-25 total max. Made some great gains in my back doing this routine.
                              Basically did the same of this while on my first cycle my back blew out.

Comment

Working...
                              X