Training split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training split

So if you guys basically had 4 days a week to train how would you split it up to hit each body part? The reason I ask is because of my work schedule. I work 4 days a week I'm off sundays,mondays, and wednesdays. I used to workout on the days that I work thinking it woulld benefit me more because on my days off I can sleep in rest and recover from my training. Now I'm leaning more towards working out sunday through wednesday and off thursday friday and saturday but for some cardiio. Something like this:

Sunday chest followed by triceps
    monday biceps followed by back
    tuesday legs
    wednesday shoulders

Also can't seem to figure the best place to put dead lifts into this routine. Usually been doing it on mondays but it makes for a long workout longer than I think I should be in the gym. Maybe do deads on leg day but I don't think thats a good idea either.

You talking about splitting those am n pm?

Comment

No but it doesnt really matter on the days I don't work

Comment

Switch the biceps/back, and stick your deads in with that?

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
          Switch the biceps/back, and stick your deads in with that?
          Thats what I been doing but all in 1 workout and I'm in the gym well over an hour. You mean like biceps/back in the am and deads in the pm? It takes almost an hour to get through biceps/back as I have been doing higher reps lately and taking more time between sets to recover. I try to fry my biceps so when I do back my bi's don't come into play as much

Comment

Not sure I would do bis before back. You want to hit the bigger muscles first. If you fry your bis first you are going to limit the intensity with which you can hit your back.

Comment

I meant do back first, then do bis. Back first for the same reasoning scrum stated. And throw dls in on back day. See how that works.

Comment

Interesting i always thought it best to hit biceps first to put more focus on your back not to mention your biceps would be somewhat pre-exhauste before hitting them

Comment

Try it and see how you feel and what time you're spending under the weights.

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
                    Interesting i always thought it best to hit biceps first to put more focus on your back not to mention your biceps would be somewhat pre-exhauste before hitting them
                    You've got it backwards. You pre-exhaust the larger muscles that generally get hit by compound exercises so that you don't end up failing first on the smaller muscles and not be able to fully exercise the larger muscles.

For example, if your chest is lagging because your tris fail first, then pre-exhaust your chest with flyes, for example, before benching, so that your tris don't end up limiting your chest. You can always hit your tris with isolation exercises later.

Same story for back and bis.

Comment

Ya I guess your right I always do bench follwed by db flies and pec dec for some reason just didn't see it this way. I'll switch it up and see how it works thanks fellas :)

Comment

I pretty much do this routine now, except 2 days on, 1 day off:

Day1 back/bi's (including dead lifts)
                        Day 2 chest/tris
                        Day 3 off
                        Day4 legs
                        Day 5 shoulders/traps
                        Day6 off
                        Repeat

With your 4 day in a row, I would do back/bi's with deads on Sunday, chest/tri mon, shoulders/traps tue, legs wed. That way your dead lifts on Sunday and legs on wed are as far apart as possible, and you get 48 hr between the minor double up of lower trap ( not such a big deal)

Comment

Working...
                        X