two new pbs last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two new pbs last night

Haven't done sldls since October I think, just lost the desire I guess. Last night I broke out the straps and pulled 625 for two. 35lbs better than my previous.

Felt pretty good, so I threw 10 plates on the leg press and got two sets of 3. my previous working set best has been 9 plates. I think taking almost a week off last week was really what I needed to get back into it.

Something about 2 new shows on PBS and leg presses?

Comment

Lol, I hate you.

Comment

Wow thats a big dead lift, not to be a dick but I doubt it was what I would call a stiff leg dead lift. 600 lb plus is a big number though no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
          Haven't done sldls since October I think, just lost the desire I guess. Last night I broke out the straps and pulled 625 for two. 35lbs better than my previous.

Felt pretty good, so I threw 10 plates on the leg press and got two sets of 3. my previous working set best has been 9 plates. I think taking almost a week off last week was really what I needed to get back into it.
          shit 625 is alot bro congratz. my hammys are hurting just thinking about that weight.

Comment

nice bro thats a solid dead right there

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
              Wow thats a big dead lift, not to be a dick but I doubt it was what I would call a stiff leg dead lift. 600 lb plus is a big number though no doubt
              My knees are slightly bent after my initial pull. The only pivot im getting is in my hips. Anyway, two days later I remembered why I stopped doing them, lol.

Comment

WOW I would fuckin kill my lower back if I stiff legged over 225lbs. I usually rep with 95-135lbs.

Comment

I'm having a few spasms today. And my hips are killing me, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                    My knees are slightly bent after my initial pull. The only pivot im getting is in my hips. Anyway, two days later I remembered why I stopped doing them, lol.
                    So what we're really saying is it's a shitty form dead lift, still very impressive though

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

So what we're really saying is it's a shitty form dead lift, still very impressive though
                      Tell me what a correct sldl should look like.

Comment

Bro you don't want to do that much weight stiff legged lol.

Maybe for a regular deadlift but not stiff legged deadlifts. My bb coach is currently ranked #12 in the world and he trains with 185lbs.

If you are talking about power lifting deadlifts that is a whole diff thing. Even the weight you pulled is a lot of weight for a standard deadlift.

Comment

This works the lower back and hamstrings to a greater degree.

Comment

Standard dl. Much safer. Works mostly back and many other secondary bodyparts.

Comment

Good advice thanks. I've always kept my back flat, slight bend at the knees, and drop the weight to almost the floor. I always feel the pull in my hams, glutes, and lower back, and it just seems like a natural motion.

Comment

Working...
                              X